- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 185
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Growth and Development Theories
This course can be found in: CEOE Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 20+ CEOE study guides, and 5,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThe engaging lessons, short quizzes, and practice exams in this self-paced course can help you quickly and effectively prepare for the CEOE OSAT School Psychologist exam. Our study tools make it easy to strengthen your knowledge of key concepts as you aim to earn a passing score.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
19 chapters in OSAT School Psychologist Exam (CEOE) (033): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related CEOE Courses
About This CEOE OSAT School Psychologist Study Guide
Study at your own pace to build a comprehensive understanding of the major competency areas evaluated by the CEOE OSAT School Psychologist exam, a requirement for school psychologists in the State of Oklahoma. This course features engaging lessons covering human development, diversity and learning, individual and school wide needs assessment, and historical, legal, and ethical foundations of the school psychology profession. Each lesson is provided in video format with written transcription available so you can learn the way you learn best. You can even submit your questions about specific lesson topics to our subject-matter experts using our convenient dashboard. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
CEOE OSAT School Psychologist Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the CEOE OSAT School Psychologist exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the CEOE. Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Understanding Human Development, Diversity, and Learning
- Behavioral & Developmental Factors
- Basics of Developmental Learning Theories
- Preparing for Diverse Learning Environments
- Curriculum Strategy & Development
Assessing and Addressing Individual and Schoolwide Needs
- Forms & Methods of Assessment of Learning
- Learning Assessment Issues
- Problem Identification in School Psychology
- Individual & Group Counseling
- Comprehensive School Counseling Programs
- Crisis Counseling Methods & Interventions
- Education Research & Program Evaluation
- Program Evaluation for School Counselors
- Psychological Consultation & Collaboration in School Settings
Working in the Professional Environment
- Legal Issues in School Counseling
- Communication & Collaboration
- Roles & Responsibilities of the Guidance Counselor
- Professional Foundations: Learning Strategies
CEOE OSAT School Psychologist Exam Course Format
This course consists of 177 lessons across 19 chapters to thoroughly cover all of the concepts you will encounter on the CEOE OSAT School Psychologist exam. In addition to studying the lessons in your preferred format, you can use the multiple-choice quizzes, chapter exams, and a final practice exam to confirm you have the knowledge needed to succeed on test day! All of the study tools you need are available 24/7, and accessible from a streamlined dashboard, using the computer or mobile device of your choice.
CEOE OSAT School Psychologist Exam Information
The Certification Examinations for Oklahoma Educators (CEOE) Oklahoma Subject Area Tests (OSAT) School Psychologist exam is designed to test readiness to perform as a school psychologist in Oklahoma schools.
- Number of Questions: 81
- Question Type: 80 selected response, 1 constructed response
- Time Limit: 4 hours
- Exam Cost: $80 test fee; $25 CBT fee; $30 registration fee (paid once per program year)
CEOE OSAT School Psychologist Exam Breakdown
Selected response questions make up 85% of the exam and cover all competency areas. The final exam concept is a case study that consists of one constructed-response question worth 15% of the exam, which focuses on data assessment and student need identification, evidence-based strategy, family involvement, learning promotion, and how to evaluate intervention effectiveness.
|OSAT Exam Concept||Percent of the OSAT Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Understanding human development, diversity, and learning||21%||20 questions||76 lessons|
|Assessing and addressing individual and school wide needs||45%||43 questions||65 lessons|
|Working in the professional environment||19%||18 questions||36 lessons|
|Case Study||15%||1 Constructed Response||All lessons|
CEOE OSAT School Psychologist Exam Preparation & Registration
When you're ready to register for the exam, visit the CEOE website to register a new account or log into your existing online account. After you've completed your exam registration, you can use the account to make changes that include rescheduling or cancelling the test. On exam day, be sure to arrive at the testing site 15 minutes early and bring a current, government-issued ID printed in English.
The Certification Examinations for Oklahoma Educators™ (CEOE™) Oklahoma Subject Area Tests (OSAT), is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- 5 Learning Tools for Middle Schoolers to Make Your Life Easier As a Teacher
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Compass Exams
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses