- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 129
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are the Different Types of Numbers?
Course SummaryIf you use the IB Mathematical Studies textbook in class, this course is a great resource to supplement your studies, get help with an assignment or prepare for a test. The course covers the same important math concepts found in the book, but uses short videos that make the math lessons easier to understand and more fun to learn.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone using the IB Mathematical Studies textbook in class can benefit from this companion course. You'll learn about biology concepts faster, retain them longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Find the chapter within this course that corresponds to the one you're studying in the IB Mathematical Studies Textbook.
- Watch fun videos that cover the math topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding of each lesson.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning IB Mathematical Studies fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like scientific notation and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will be able to learn all the math topics in the textbook with this engaging course, including:
- Types of numbers
- Rounding decimals
- Metric system
- Discrete and categorical values
- Frequency tables and histograms
- Mean, median, and mode
- Slope of a line
- Systems of equations
- Quadratic functions and exponential functions
- Normal distribution
- Bivariate data
- Calculation of derivatives
- Mathematical logic
- Prisms, pyramids, cylinders, and cones
- Steps for addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division
- Definition of percents
- Simplification of exponents
IB Mathematical Studies is a registered trademark of Oxford University Press, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- College Math Courses and Classes Overview
- Iridology Home Study Course and Class Descriptions
- Online Courses and Classes in Family Studies
- Online Courses and Classes in Recreation Studies
- Leisure Studies Courses and Classes Overview
- Farming Studies Course and Class Descriptions
- Herbal Studies Classes and Courses Overview
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Online Class in Cybercrime Studies with Course Descriptions
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses