- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 77
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Ratios & Rates: Definitions & Examples
Course SummaryUse this fun online test prep course to get ready for the PARCC Grade 6 Mathematics exam. You'll watch simple video lessons and take practice quizzes to review all of the mathematical topics that will appear on the test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
If you need to prepare for the PARCC Grade 6 Mathematics exam, use this test prep course to review the math concepts you'll be tested on. Taught by expert math instructors, this course breaks down math topics in a way that's easy to understand and remember. The course also comes with plenty of practice quizzes to help you get comfortable with the types of questions you'll find on the PARCC exam. You can expect to study:
- Ratio applications
- Factoring and operations
- Rational numbers
- Algebraic expressions and equations
- 2D and 3D geometry
- Probability, statistics and data plots
About the Exam
PARCC tests are offered annually to students in grades 3-8. The tests are designed to measure student achievement levels in a variety of academic subjects. The 6th grade math exam is divided into three task types that contain 38 questions worth a total of 66 points. Students will be allowed to use four-function calculators, as well as rulers and protractors that are provided by the PARCC.
PARCC Math - Grade 6 Exam Preparation & Registration
This course can be studied at any time, and you can use a computer or mobile device to access it. You'll be able to practice solving math problems on your own by taking the courses lesson quizzes, chapter exams and final assessment. This way, you'll gain confidence prior to taking the exam and understand how to correctly answer questions about geometry, algebraic expressions, rational numbers, probability and more. Our expert instructors are available to answer any questions you may have about math.
The PARCC provides resources to help school districts administer the exams. You can find these resources on the official PARCC website. Schools can find upcoming testing dates and times, as well as required technologies and tools for the test. Following the exam, schools and teachers will receive online score reports. Parents will receive a printed score report of their student's test performance.
The PARCC Grade 6 Math exam is a registered trademark of the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- Test Prep
- Online Test Prep Options for the GED Test
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- EFI: English for Internet Online Practice Tests
- Take the GED Online: Overview of Your Online GED Test Options
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Online Graduate Programs in Mathematics
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses