Course SummaryThis course is designed to get you ready for the PCAT Chemical Processes subtest. Use any Internet-connected device to access this course and review all of the chemistry topics that you'll encounter on the subtest.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
Check out this convenient online test preparation course if you are planning on taking the Pharmacy College Admission Test (PCAT). This particular course covers the content that appears on the PCAT's Chemical Processes subtest. You'll watch engaging video lessons and take plenty of practice quizzes that go over the concepts you need to know. Topics you can expect to study include:
- Atoms and atomic theory
- Chemical bonding, reactions and equilibrium
- Liquid and solid properties
- Gas laws
- Thermodynamics and kinetics
- Elements, mixtures and compounds
- Nuclear processes
- Inorganic and organic chemistry
About the Exam
The PCAT is an exam that measures the scientific knowledge that's needed for admission into pharmacy colleges. This computer-based test contains 5 subtests, and the Chemical Processes subtest has 48 items, most of which are multiple-choice questions. Test-takers must complete the subtest in 40 minutes. There are three parts to the PCAT Chemical Processes subtest. These sections are General Chemistry (50%), Organic Chemistry (30%) and Basic Biochemistry Processes (20%).
PCAT - Chemical Processes Subtest Preparation and Registration
The course's online format helps you study whenever you have free time in your schedule. You can use any computer or mobile device to access the course. As you work through the course's video and text-based lessons, you'll review important scientific terms, processes, formulas, theories, etc. You can see how well you understand the information by taking the accompanying lesson quizzes and chapter exams. Your course dashboard keeps track of your progress, and you can use it to navigate to specific chapter topics. When you're finished with all of the lessons, take the final course exam to make sure you're ready for the PCAT Chemical Processes subtest.
Seating for the PCAT is on a first-come, first-served basis, so candidates are encouraged to register early. You'll be able to register for the exam online through the official PCAT website. The registration process will have you select your desired test date, time and nearby testing location.
The PCAT is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Internet Security Course and Class Reviews
- Access Classes, Courses and Training Programs
- Microsoft Access Classes and Courses with Detailed Descriptions
- Chemistry Courses and Classes Overview
- Kitchen Design Courses and Classes
- Car Design Courses and Classes
- Automobile Design Colleges and Courses
- Overview of Engineering Design Courses
- Courses for Aspiring Certified Internet Webmasters (CIW)
- Internet Marketing Degree Programs with Course Information
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses