- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 191
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Child Development? - Definition, Theories & Stages
Course SummaryGet ready for the PECT PreK-4 exam with this convenient online test prep course. You'll review short lessons and take interactive practice quizzes to study all of the topics that you'll be expected to know when taking the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This comprehensive test preparation course covers all of the information that appears on the PECT PreK-4 exam. The course's mobile-friendly lessons and self-assessments allow you study for the exam on your own schedule, and our instructors' simplified teaching approach helps you to quickly review and comprehend the education topics that appear on the test. The course covers the following exam concepts:
- Human growth, development and learning theories
- Childhood developmental characteristics
- The development of language in early childhood
- The learning environment in early childhood education
- Instructional strategies for special needs learners
- ELL instructional approaches
- Professionalism and collaboration in Pennsylvania childhood education
- Language and literacy development in younger students
- Cultivating reading development/fluency, language and sentence skills
- How to develop writing, research and communication skills in young students
- Teaching health, science, math, arts, humanities and social studies to young learners
- Early childhood education assessments
About the Exam
The PECT PreK-4 exam is a teacher certification exam for prospective K-4 teachers in the state of Pennsylvania. The computer-based exam evaluates test takers on the skills and knowledge that entry-level Pennsylvania educators must demonstrate.
There are three modules on the test, and you must pass all three in order to qualify for teacher certification in Pennsylvania. Module 1 contains 36 selected-response questions, while Modules 2 and 3 have 45. The total time allotment for the exam is 3.5 hours, plus 15 minutes to view a computer-based testing tutorial. You'll also get a 15-minute break between each exam module.
PECT PreK-4 Exam Preparation & Registration
You'll be able to create your own study schedule and access the course whenever you have free time. The course is accessible on any Internet-connected device, and your course dashboard feature will keep track of your progress. You can complete the course from start to finish, or jump to the chapter topics you want to study from the dashboard. The lessons highlight important terms and concepts, and they each come with an accompanying self-assessment quiz to help you reinforce your knowledge. Our instructors are also available to answer any questions you may have about the material. Be sure to take the chapter exams and final assessment to evaluate your readiness for the PECT PreK-4 exam.
Test dates are offered year round, and they're available by appointment. You can find nearby testing centers and register for your exam online through the official Pennsylvania Educator Certification Tests website. You'll also be required to pay applicable testing fees and agree to testing rules and policies. Score reports will be made available approximately 10 days following your exam date.
The PECT PreK-4 exam is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Prep for College When You Don't Know Which School You'll Attend
- Where Can I Take a Child Care Exam Online?
- Online Interactive Advertising Course and Class Review
- GED Practice Test Online with Example GED Practice Test Questions
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- Why You Should Take a Practice Test Before You Start Your Test Prep
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- GED Test Online: Overview of Online GED Programs and Exam Options
- How Do I Know if I'm Ready to Pursue an Online Degree?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses