- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 115
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are Real Numbers? - Definition & Properties
Course SummaryEntertaining lessons in this engaging course can help you study for and excel on the Pennsylvania Algebra I Keystone exam. Multiple-choice quizzes, practice exams and other resources are available to improve your algebra knowledge and enhance your preparations for the exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This self-paced course serves as a fantastic resource for individuals who want to strengthen their ability to pass the Pennsylvania Algebra I Keystone exam. Fun lessons closely examine a variety of algebra topics you could see on the test, including scatter plots, polynomials, basic statistics and expressions. Short quizzes are available to assess your comprehension of those lessons, while practice exams can test your knowledge of entire chapters. Taking advantage of these study resources can improve your knowledge of topics that include:
- Real numbers, rational numbers and irrational numbers
- Exponential, radical and absolute value expressions
- Math problem-solving and estimation
- Solving problems with polynomials and systems of equations
- Writing, graphing and solving linear equations
- Graphing and solving linear inequalities
- Understanding functions and scatter plots
- Basic statistics and the probability of compound events
- How to interpret and graph data
About the Exam
The Pennsylvania Algebra I Keystone exam is used to test students' algebra proficiency and serves as one component of Pennsylvania's high school graduation requirements. The test is broken into two modules that cover operations, linear equations and inequalities, linear functions and data organization. Each module consists of 18 multiple-choice and 3 constructed-response items and is worth 30 total points or 50% of the total score. The test is typically offered in December, January, May and late July.
Pennsylvania Algebra I Keystone Exam Preparation & Registration
Review any lessons in this course that can boost your knowledge of algebra topics you need to understand most. Ensure you comprehend front-end estimation, set notation, simple linear regression, quantitative data and much more. When ready, find out how much you understand about these topics by taking short lesson quizzes, practice chapter exams and a final course exam. All resources in this course are available 24/7 and can be viewed using any computer or mobile device.
To ensure students are able to take the test during the designated testing period and know what to expect on the day of the exam, be sure to contact school officials or district administrators for more information.
Pennsylvania Keystone Exams is a registered trademark of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- GED Algebra Exam: Training and Preparation Information
- LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- Bank Teller Exam Information, Resources and Exam Preparation Tips
- Algebra Quizzes
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Compass Exams
- Does Every Florida Teacher Have to Take the General Knowledge Exams?
- Free Online Appraiser Licensing Exam Preparation Information
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Measured Progress Exams
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses