- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 128
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Informational Texts: Main Idea, Purpose & Audience
Course SummaryPrepare for the Praxis Pennsylvania Grades 4-8 Subject Concentration: English Language Arts exam on your own schedule with this convenient online test prep course. The course's lessons and quizzes help you review and remember all of the language arts concepts that appear on the test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
13 chapters in Pennsylvania Grades 4-8 - English Language Arts Subject Concentration (5156): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Check out this comprehensive test prep course to review all of the information you'll need to know for the Praxis Pennsylvania Grades 4-8 Subject Concentration: English Language Arts exam. The course's short and fun lessons allow you to quickly review the exam's topics, such as literature, poetry, writing and reading comprehension. You can expect to study the following topics:
- Interpreting literature and informational texts
- Poetry analysis
- Literary genres
- Types of writing
- Writing styles and grammar conventions
- Organization in writing
- Writing voice, style and tone
- Research and media literacy for writing
- Acquiring language and developing literacy
- Literacy support for young students with special needs
- The process of writing and revision
About the Exam
Praxis' Pennsylvania Grades 4-8 Subject Concentration: English Language Arts exam assesses the skills and knowledge that entry-level language arts teachers must have in order to teach grades 4-8 in the state of Pennsylvania. The three primary subject categories that you'll be tested on are Reading, Writing and Media Literacy/Literacy Development. This computer-based exam contains 90 selected-response questions that must be completed within a 90-minute timeframe.
Pennsylvania Grades 4-8 Subject Concentration: English Language Arts Exam Preparation & Registration
This course helps you study for the Praxis exam at any time that's convenient. Using any computer or mobile device, you can work your way through chapters that contain simple, informative and entertaining language arts lessons. Our expert instructors use an engaging teaching style, and we've included lesson quizzes to help you reinforce your understanding of important language arts terms and concepts. Print the lesson transcripts if you want to study offline, and submit questions to our instructors if you have any. You can also take the course's final exam to make sure you're fully prepared for the Praxis test.
Registration for this exam can be made by mail, by phone or online. The Educational Testing Service (ETS) website contains information regarding nearby testing centers, upcoming dates, fees and your state's testing requirements. You're required to bring your test admission ticket with you on your exam date.
Praxis is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- English Language Arts Quizzes
- Online Undergraduate Courses in English Language Arts
- Learn English Language Arts
- English Language Arts Videos
- Flashcards - GED Reasoning Through Language Arts Test Information
- Online Diplomas in English Language Arts with Program Overviews
- Online Master of English Language Arts Degrees with School Options
- Language Quizzes
- English Language Arts Questions and Answers
- Jobs that Involve Language Arts
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses