- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 181
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What are Real Numbers? - Definition & Properties
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis comprehensive study guide course helps you prepare for the Praxis Pennsylvania Grades 4-8 Subject Concentration: Mathematics exam. This course contains fun video lessons and practice assessments that go over all of the math concepts that you'll need to be familiar with.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
23 chapters in Pennsylvania Grades 4-8 - Math Subject Concentration (5158): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About This Course
This study guide helps prospective entry-level teachers prepare for the Praxis Pennsylvania Grades 4-8 Subject Concentration: Mathematics exam. The course contains short lessons that outline the mathematical definitions, formulas, theorems and rules you'll need to know in order to pass the test. This effective test prep resource helps you review and practice mathematical concepts in the following areas:
- Real and rational numbers
- Exponents and operations
- Fractions, decimals and percents
- Ratios, rates and proportional relationships
- Number theory estimation
- Exponential and radical expressions
- Linear and nonlinear equations, inequalities and systems of equations
- Sequences and patterns
- Functions, including models and graphs
- Perimeter, area and volume
- Angles and lines
- Shape properties and geometric relationships, transformations and constructions
- Measurement systems and conversions
- Data interpretation and visual representations
- Probability models and dispersion
- Logical reasoning
About the Exam
Praxis' Pennsylvania Grades 4-8 Subject Concentration: Mathematics exam is an assessment that evaluates the knowledge and skills an entry-level math teacher needs in order to teach 4th-8th grade math. This computer-delivered test has 60 selected-response questions that measure the test taker's skills in broad elementary and middle school math concepts. You must complete the test in two hours. Scientific or four-function calculators are permitted.
Pennsylvania Grades 4-8 Subject Concentration: Mathematics Exam Preparation & Registration
Studying with this test prep guide helps you become familiar with the topics you'll encounter on the Praxis exam. Each lesson is designed to be bite-sized and straightforward, which speeds up the studying process and helps you remember important math definitions, formulas and rules. Self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams are available to help you assess your understanding of the information and make sure you're ready to take the Praxis exam. Lesson transcripts are also available to supplement your studying experience.
Test registration can be completed online, by mail or by phone. You can find Pennsylvania's passing score requirements, testing center locations, dates and registration information on the Educational Testing Service (ETS) website. Note that if you need to make any changes to your test date or time, you must do so at least three days in advance to avoid penalty.
Praxis is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What Are Some Online Video Mathematics Courses that Would Assist ME in Physics?
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- Mathematics Degree Programs in NJ with Course Overviews
- List of Free Online Chinese Language Courses and Video Lessons
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- How Online Courses Work Video
- Welding Classes in Pennsylvania with Course Overviews
- Doctoral Programs in Pennsylvania with Course Descriptions
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses