- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 352
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Major Landforms in the United States
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this comprehensive study guide course to get ready for the Praxis Pennsylvania Grades 4-8 Subject Concentration: Social Studies test. This collection of engaging lessons and self-assessment quizzes will help you review everything you need to know to pass the exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
42 chapters in Pennsylvania Grades 4-8 - Social Studies Subject Concentration (5157): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About This Course
This convenient test prep guide helps you prepare for Praxis' Pennsylvania Grades 4-8 Subject Concentration: Social Studies exam. You can review topics that will appear on the test with our short video and text lessons. Interactive practice quizzes are included along the way to help you get used to answering the types of questions you can expect on the exam. The course makes sure you know all the exam's topics, including:
- Early United States history
- Causes and impact of the American Revolution, the Constitution and Bill of Rights
- Territorial expansion and Manifest Destiny
- Sectionalism, the Civil War and Reconstruction
- The effects of industrialization, urbanization and immigration
- World War I, World War II and the Cold War
- The Great Depression
- The New Deal
- America during the 1940s-1990s
- Pennsylvania's history
- Early and classical civilizations
- The Renaissance, Reformation and Enlightenment periods
- Global interactions from 1200-1750; revolutions and imperialism from 1750-1914
- U.S. government, political systems, parties, branches, ideologies and elections
- American citizens' rights, responsibilities and duties
- American economics, taxation, GDP and Federal Reserve
- Earth geography, maps and waterways
- Human and political geography
About the Exam
Part of The Praxis Series, the Pennsylvania Grades 4-8 Subject Concentration: Social Studies exam is intended to measure an entry-level teacher's readiness to teach social studies at the middle school level. The computer-delivered examination contains 90 selected-response questions and test takers have an hour and a half to complete it. The test is divided into five main categories that include U.S. history, world history, political science, economics and geography.
Praxis Pennsylvania Grades 4-8 Subject Concentration Exam: Social Studies Preparation & Registration
This comprehensive collection of social studies chapters helps you quickly and efficiently review historical, political, economic and geographical topics. Lessons are typically less than ten minutes long, which helps simplify the learning process. As you move through the course, you can check your understanding of the material using our practice quizzes and chapter exams. Lesson transcripts are also available to print for further study.
Test takers should consult Pennsylvania's certification requirements on the Educational Testing Service (ETS) website. You can also find the exam's upcoming dates, times and testing centers on the ETS website and register either online, by phone or by mail.
Praxis is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Social Studies Lesson Plans
- The Best Way to Study for Your Praxis Test
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- Not Ready for a Real-Life Jurassic World? Study These Subjects to Prepare
- Strategies & Tips to Help You Pass Your Praxis Test
- Everything You Need to Know About AP Tests: Deadlines, Scoring Policies & More
- GED Social Studies Test Information
- Should I Become a Social Worker? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- What You Need To Know About The ParaPro Assessment
- Everything You Still Don't Know About Meteors: Get Ready for Meteor Watch Day
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts