Course SummaryThis course has been designed to help teachers build effective lesson plans for a variety of performing arts topics. Inside the course, you'll find lesson plan outlines, topical lessons and additional resources that can simplify the lesson planning process.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
Created by fellow educators, this course was constructed to assist teachers with designing and implementing performing arts lesson plans for students in drama, communications, and other related classes. To gain a better understanding of the performing arts, most of the chapters review major plays to discuss such topics as themes, summaries, textual analyses, plot, character analysis, and more. Both our video and text-based lessons can be reviewed in under 10 minutes, making it easier for performing arts teachers to get the information they need to prepare for upcoming classes.
How It Works
The short text and video lessons in the chapters offer instructional insight that you can use in the classroom. The chapters often contain pre-made lesson plans as well as other lessons you can use to supplement your curriculum. Both you and your students can access all of our teacher resources through Internet-ready devices. This course offers the following:
- Captivating video lessons created to keep your students' attention as they learn about performing arts topics
- Helpful video timeline features that let you quickly move between topics
- Printable materials, including lesson transcripts and lesson plans to keep teachers organized
- Assessment tools, such as lesson quizzes that measure how much information students have retained
How It Helps
- Major timesaver: Instead of endless Google searches or searching through filing cabinets, use your time more effectively by using our teacher resources as your starting point.
- Improves student knowledge: As many of our lessons can be used as supplemental information, you can expand your students' knowledge in the classroom, or assign these lessons as extra reading for out-of-class learning.
- Upholds curriculum standards: Our instructors have years of experience, so you can be certain that the courses they create are built to enforce the high standards you strive to maintain.
|Drama Lesson Plans|| Discussion of styles, terms, and dramatic time periods|
Analysis of characters and thematic elements in drama
Summaries of major plays
Lesson plans for 12 Angry Men, A Streetcar Named Desire, A Raisin in the Sun, and Antigone
|Shakespeare Lesson Plans|| Traits and character analysis|
Pre-reading activities for Hamlet and Julius Caesar
Full Julius Caesar lesson plans
|Romeo and Juliet Lesson Plans|| Extensive lesson plans for the prologue and each of the five acts|
Guided pre-reading activities
Reviewable summaries for the prologue, scenes 1-4 in Act 1, and scenes 1-5 in Act 2
|Speech & Public Speaking Lesson Plans|| Lesson plan for general public speaking|
Tips and strategies for speaking in public
Logos, pathos, and ethos lesson plan
Differences between casual conversation and public speaking
Applications of logos, pathos, and ethos in public speaking
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Lesson Plan Design Courses and Classes Overview
- List of Free Online Graphic Arts Classes, Courses and Lessons
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- List of Free Guitar Courses and Lessons
- List of Free Online Design Courses, Lessons and Tutorials
- List of Free Online Algebra Courses and Lessons
- List of Free Online Calculus Courses and Lessons
- List of Free Online Geometry Courses and Lessons
- List of Free Online French Language Lessons and Courses
- List of Free Online Japanese Lessons and Courses
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses