- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 33
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Personalized Learning in a Classroom Environment
Course SummaryIf you've been thinking about applying personalized learning in your classroom, check out this convenient instructional skill development course. The course's short lessons allow you to review the benefits of personalized learning and understand its practical applications in classroom environments.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This self-paced course offers teachers a way to study personalized learning approaches and see how they can apply them in their classrooms. As you progress through this series of simple lessons, you'll become familiar with the fundamentals of personalized, competency-based and problem-based learning, as well as methods for designing personalized learning curricula, setting instructional outcomes and much more.
How It Works
We've made this course accessible on any Internet-connected device so you can study personalized learning wherever and whenever it's convenient. The course comes with plenty of lesson quizzes and chapter exams, and our instructors are available to answer any questions that you may have about personalized learning.
The course includes:
- Short and simple lessons that explain personalized learning concepts in a way that's easy to understand
- Word-for-word lesson transcripts that you can print out at any time
- Interactive self-assessments to help you check your understanding of personalized learning terms and methods
- A final course exam to help you see if you're ready to start incorporating personalized learning into your classroom instruction
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The course helps you better understand the purpose and benefits of a personalized learning approach to teaching.
- Improves instructional skills: Lessons offer personalized learning concepts to help you enhance your effectiveness as a teacher.
- Offers instructional applications: You'll learn how you can apply personalized learning to your curriculum design and lessons.
- Using and evaluating personalized learning in the classroom
- Understanding the foundations of competency-based and problem-based learning
- Setting instructional outcomes
- Designing personalized learning curricula
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Implement Personalized Learning Plans in the Classroom
- 3 Examples of Teachers Who Used Personalized Learning in the Classroom
- 5 Common Misconceptions About Personalized Learning
- Rural Students Turn to Personalized Learning
- Strategies for Creating Personalized Learning Plans for Students
- How Personalized Learning Plans Are Changing Traditional Education
- Learning to Let Go in the Classroom: What You Can & Can't Control
- How Can I Use the Authentic Learning Standards in My Classroom?
- Why You Should Try Blended Learning in Your Classroom
- How I Transformed My Classroom to Incorporate Active Learning
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses