- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 80
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Strategic Management Process
Course SummaryPrepare for the Project Management Institute's Portfolio Management Professional® exam with this convenient and effective test prep resource. Using bite-sized lessons and practice questions, the course helps you quickly review all of the information you need to know in order to pass the test. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This portfolio management test prep course is designed to prepare you for the Portfolio Management Professional (PfMP)® credentialing examination, which is offered by the Project Management Institute (PMI)®. The course helps you study several portfolio management topics, such as strategic management, risk and data analysis, stakeholder communication and workplace collaboration. You'll find engaging lessons and self-assessment quizzes to help you review the concepts and practice the types of questions you can expect to encounter on the exam. Easily track your progress using your dashboard and contact experts with any questions via a brief online form.
Check out our PMP & PMI test prep materials! We've got PMP & PMI courses to teach you the material, comprehensive PMP & PMI study guides to help you study, PMP & PMI practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational PMP & PMI resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This guide is one of the most extensive resources you can use to ready yourself for the PfMP exam. Lessons provide details about management strategies, organizational structure, portfolio management and risk assessment. Once you have completed this course, you should be able to:
- Outline the strategic management process
- Develop analysis plans
- Describe organizational and governance structure and models
- Understand portfolio management principles and performance
- Apply risk analysis methods
- Use data analysis techniques
- Detail project management and stakeholder communications
- Recognize and use workplace collaboration tools
This course is made up of 8 individual chapters broken down into 72 video and text lessons. Study is made easy with 24/7 access to lessons from any device and the ability to jump to specific point in the video lessons that address the topics you wish to review.
PfMP - Portfolio Management Professional Exam Information
The PfMP exam is a project management certification exam, part of a four-week credentialing process that leads to a professional portfolio management credential from the PMI.
- Number of Questions: 170 questions
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: 4 hours
- Exam Cost: Member: $800/Nonmember: $1,000
PfMP - Portfolio Management Professional Exam Breakdown
|PfMP - Portfolio Management Professional Exam Concept||Percent of the PfMP Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Portfolio Risk Management||15%||25||13|
PfMP Portfolio Management Professional Exam Preparation and Registration
This study guide covers essential portfolio management topics that could appear on the PfMP exam. Each lesson is designed to be concise and engaging, which enables you to quickly study the information and retain the most important concepts. You'll find lessons devoted to such topics as demand management, SWOT analysis, portfolio management standards, Total Quality Management, stakeholder management and organizational leadership.
Test takers can apply for and schedule their PfMP exams online through the PMI website. Once the application process is complete, you will receive a payment notification. You must log onto the PMI website and pay via credit card, check, money order or wire transfer. There are several prerequisites for the exam involving years of professional experience and degrees; test takers are encouraged to check specific eligibility requirements on the PMI website.
The Portfolio Management Professional Exam (PfMP) is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Management Course Information
- Human Resource Management Course in Connecticut
- Natural Resource Management Courses and Classes
- Project Management Classes and Courses Overview
- Online Courses in Construction Project Management
- Online Courses in Natural Resource Management: Course Descriptions
- Portfolio Management Master's Degree & Course Descriptions
- IT Management Classes and Courses
- Software Testing Degree and Course Information
- The Compass Test: What You Need to Know
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses