- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 86
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Program Management? - Definition & Examples
Course SummaryThis informative test prep course helps you study all of the information you'll need to know for the Program Management Professional (PgMP) exam. The course includes short lessons, as well as multiple-choice practice questions to help you remember key program management concepts. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This test prep course is made up of multiple chapters, each of which contains video and text lessons that can prepare you for questions you may encounter on the Program Management Professional (PgMP) exam. These lessons cover all of the major program management topics that could be included on the exam. Some of the specific concepts you will review when you go through this course include the planning and execution phases of the program life cycle, as well as stakeholder management in the process of program management. Each lesson is accompanied by a short self-assessment quiz so you can keep track of your progress as you move through the course.
Syllabus & Course Information
We've put together this study guide course to assist you in reviewing all of the subjects that you'll need to know to do well on the exam. These include program governance and the closing portion of the program life cycle. Once you complete this course, you should be ready to:
- Define a strategic management program
- Outline the initiation and planning stages of the program life cycle
- Identify the executing, controlling and closing stages
- Explain benefits management as it relates to program management
- Understand stakeholder management
- Describe program governance in program management
This course is made up of 77 lessons and 9 chapters to prepare you for the test. Test prep is easy with the lesson quizzes and the comprehensive test at the end of each chapter and at the end of the course.
PgMP Exam Information
In order to achieve the Program Management Professional certification, you must pass the PgMP exam.
- Number of Questions: 170
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: Four hours
- Exam Cost: $800 for PMI members, $1,000 for nonmembers
PgMP Exam Breakdown
|PgMP Exam Concept||Percent of the PgMP Exam||Chapter Lessons|
|Strategic Program Management||15%||10|
|Program Life Cycle||44%||42|
PgMP Exam Preparation & Registration
This study guide contains comprehensive overviews of each of the domains and skills that you need to know in order to succeed on the PgMP exam. Review these lessons to go over different points related to strategic project management and elements of the program life cycle that will be covered in this exam.
You may apply to take the exam once you have completed your PgMP application and submitted your audit materials within the necessary time period. When you are eligible to take the exam, you may apply either via the PgMP website or by telephone. The PgMP exam is taken on a computer at a pre-determined Prometric testing center near your area. You must schedule the exam within a one-year period of your application being accepted. When arriving at the test site on the day of the exam, you must bring a valid, government-issued photo ID. It's recommended that you arrive at the testing center at least half an hour prior to your scheduled testing time. The testing center will provide you with a calculator and writing materials; you may not bring these or other items with you when taking the exam.
The Program Management Professional Exam is a registered trademark of Project Management Institute, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Bachelor of Management Studies: Program and Course Information
- Management Graduate Programs with Course Information
- Program Management Degree Programs with Course Information
- Training Programs in Database Management with Course Information
- Arts Management Graduate Programs with Course Information
- Event Management Graduate Programs with Course Information
- Logistics Management Training Programs and Courses
- Condominium Management Education Programs and Courses
- Organizational Management Courses and Training Programs
- Educational Management Course Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses