- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 52
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Pharmacological Treatments for Mental Illnesses
Course SummaryIn this course, you'll find short lessons and quizzes that cover topics related to mental health and pharmacology. Work through the course at your own pace to study for exams, get extra homework help, catch up in class and bring up your grades.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This Pharmacology & Mental Health course provides expert instruction on common and alternative metal health medications. As you progress through the course's chapters, you'll become familiar with the uses of antidepressants, benzodiazepine drugs, lorazepam and much more. The course can be completed at your own pace, and each lesson is taught in a simple and concise manner. Take the included lesson quizzes and chapter exams to solidify your understanding of these mental health medications. Our instructors are also available to answer any questions you may have.
This course can benefit students, independent learners, teachers and professionals.
- Students can use the course as a convenient test preparation resource, tutoring solution, homework help tool or textbook supplement.
- Healthcare professionals who want to gain additional skills and knowledge can study this course whenever they have free time.
- Teachers who teach pharmacology can easily integrate the course's lessons and quizzes into their curricula.
- Casual learners can review mental health pharmacology at home, at work or in virtually any location that has an Internet connection.
- Medications for mental health
- Benzodiazepine drugs
- Lorazepam administration
- Alternative mental health medicines
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Mental Health Classes and Courses Overview
- Online Mental Health Counseling Courses and Classes
- Online Courses in Mental Health: Course Descriptions
- Make-Up Schools in Nashville, TN with Class and Course Summaries
- Miami Make Up Schools with Class and Course Information
- Home Health Aide Course and Class Descriptions
- Online Courses and Classes in Health Sciences
- Online Courses and Classes in Health Education
- Health Inspection Classes and Courses Overview
- Health Claims Examiner Classes and Courses
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses