- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 52
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Pharmacological Treatments for Mental Illnesses
Course SummaryIn this course, you'll find short lessons and quizzes that cover topics related to mental health and pharmacology. Work through the course at your own pace to study for exams, get extra homework help, catch up in class and bring up your grades.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
About This Course
This Pharmacology & Mental Health course provides expert instruction on common and alternative metal health medications. As you progress through the course's chapters, you'll become familiar with the uses of antidepressants, benzodiazepine drugs, lorazepam and much more. The course can be completed at your own pace, and each lesson is taught in a simple and concise manner. Take the included lesson quizzes and chapter exams to solidify your understanding of these mental health medications. Our instructors are also available to answer any questions you may have.
This course can benefit students, independent learners, teachers and professionals.
- Students can use the course as a convenient test preparation resource, tutoring solution, homework help tool or textbook supplement.
- Healthcare professionals who want to gain additional skills and knowledge can study this course whenever they have free time.
- Teachers who teach pharmacology can easily integrate the course's lessons and quizzes into their curricula.
- Casual learners can review mental health pharmacology at home, at work or in virtually any location that has an Internet connection.
- Medications for mental health
- Benzodiazepine drugs
- Lorazepam administration
- Alternative mental health medicines
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Mental Health Classes and Courses Overview
- Mental Health Quizzes
- Miami Make Up Schools with Class and Course Information
- Make-Up Schools in Nashville, TN with Class and Course Summaries
- Online Mental Health Counseling Courses and Classes
- Online Courses for Make-Up Professionals
- Setting Students Up for Success with Study.com's Courses
- Make-Up Courses in CT with School Information
- How Peer Work & Partnering Up Can Help ADHD Students
- Online Courses: Bring the Classroom Home!
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses