- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 90
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Wage and Hour Laws: Overview of the Fair Labor Standards Act
Course SummaryBoost your confidence ahead of the PHR-CA/SPHR-CA certification exam by reviewing this engaging test prep course. The video and text lessons and multiple-choice quizzes found here can be accessed 24 hours a day on your mobile device to help you get ready to get a great score on exam day.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Streamline your preparation process for the PHR-CA/SPHR-CA certification test with the information in this study guide. Your knowledge of human resources laws and procedures will be refreshed and possibly increased as you go over lessons on:
- Employment laws & compensation laws
- Enforcement agencies & work posting requirements
- New hire documents & tax forms
- Termination documents
- Employment & employee relations
- Benefits & leave of absence
- Health, state & worker's compensation
About The Exam
This exam is computer-based, has 125 multiple-choice questions and lasts 2 hours and 15 minutes. Four functional areas are on the exam: compensation/wage and hours, employment and employee relations, benefits and leaves of absence and health, safety and worker's compensation. Because of the frequent employment law changes, new tests are produced annually. The exam is offered through Prometric at more than 600 centers in the United States.
Preparing & Registering for the PHR-CA/SPHR-CA
Using this study guide will give you the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the information you have to know to do well on this certification test. Your knowledge of various laws including, but not limited to, work attendance, termination and tax forms will be assessed and possibly increased through these lessons and quizzes. As you complete the lessons, keep track of your progress on your personal dashboard. You may request additional help on the content by utilizing the ask-an-expert tool.
To qualify to take the PHR-CA/SPHR-CA, you need a current PHR or SPHR designation. Before you can register for the PHR-CA/SPHR-CA, you must create an online account on the HR Certification Institute website, complete an application and affirmation, then submit payment. Approximately 8 weeks after you take the test, your official results will be mailed to you.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Tips & Tricks for Your Upcoming PHR Certification Exam
- What Is PHR Certification?
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Accounting Certificate Programs in CA with Course Descriptions
- CPR Certification in Sacramento, CA with Course Overviews
- Microsoft Office Specialist Exams and Test Prep Information
- Stanford University in Palo Alto, CA Video Review
- Human Resources Certificate Courses in Orange County, CA
- Retail Merchandising Certificate Programs in CA with Course Info
- IV Certification in San Diego, CA with Course and Program Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses