- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 98
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Atom
Course SummaryWork through this Physical Chemistry: Help and Review course to review essential physical chemistry topics for exams, homework assignments or continuing education purposes. These convenient lessons and quizzes are available 24/7 so you can study on your own schedule.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For:
Anyone who needs help understanding material from physical chemistry will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding atomic structure, thermodynamics, chemical reactions, stoichiometry, compounds, quantum chemistry, bonding, solutions or any other physical chemistry topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn physical chemistry.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra chemistry learning resources at school.
How It Works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Physical Chemistry: Help and Review final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including::
- What are atoms, elements, and molecules?
- How do I determine molecular formulas using atoms and ions?
- What are the laws of thermodynamics and thermodynamic processes?
- How are chemical reactions affected by temperature or factor changes?
- Why do catalysts affect chemical reactions?
- How do I balance a chemical equation?
- What is stoichiometry?
- How are ionic compounds formed and how do I write their formulas?
- What is the octet rule and how do I draw Lewis structures?
- How can I predict molecular shapes?
- Why are metals good electrical conductors?
- What are solutions and how do they react?
- How did Einstein's work influence scientific advancements?
- What is radioactive decay and half-life?
- How do I balance nuclear equations and predict the product of a nuclear reaction?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Physical Therapy Continuing Education Courses and Classes
- Physical Therapy Continuing Education Courses Online
- Online Physical Chemistry Course and Class Information
- Physical Therapy Assistant Continuing Education Courses & Requirements
- Physical Education Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Chemistry Courses with Lab Components: How Do They Work?
- Health and Physical Education Lesson Plans
- Physical and Theoretical Chemistry
- Physical Education Degree Programs with Course Descriptions
- Continuing Education Courses in Georgia
- International Finance Careers Education Requirements Duties and Salary Info
- Distance Learning Associate's Degree Programs in Elementary Teaching and Curriculum
- Career Information for a Degree or Certification in Construction Management Carpentry or Inspection
- Womens Health Nurse Practitioner Educational Requirements
- Special Education Bachelors Degree Program Information
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses