- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 212
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Metric System: Units and Conversion
Course SummaryThis Physics 101: Help and Review course is the simplest way to master physics for school, work or just for fun. The course contains bite-sized video lessons and interactive practice quizzes to help you quickly study for exams, get ahead in class or simply improve your overall physics knowledge.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help understanding material from physics will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn better grades. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding Newton's laws, vector operations, linear momentum, rotational motion, wave properties, magnetism, wave optics or any other physics topic.
- Need an efficient way to learn physics.
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools.
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD.
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers.
- Missed class time and need to catch up.
- Can't access extra science learning resources at school.
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Physics 101 final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any relevant question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- How do I convert among units in the metric system?
- What are the steps for performing vector operations?
- How do I calculate variables like speed and acceleration?
- What is the momentum conservation principle?
- How do I apply the big five kinematics equations?
- What's the difference between translational and rotational equilibrium?
- What are the seven regions of the electromagnetic spectrum?
- How do I calculate the pressure, temperature or volume of a gas?
- What are the applications of Coulomb's law?
- How do I distinguish DC circuits from AC circuits?
- What's involved in electromagnetic induction?
- What is a Michelson interferometer used for?
- Why does classical relativity break down at high speeds?
- What is the photoelectric effect?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Graduate Physics Courses and Classes Review
- What Are Some Online Video Mathematics Courses that Would Assist ME in Physics?
- Online Undergraduate Physics Classes and Courses Overview
- Online Soil Physics Course and Class Overviews
- Online Physics Course Descriptions with School Options
- Nuclear Physics Degree Requirements & Courses
- Are There Any Online Physics Courses at the Alamo Colleges?
- Top Schools for Physics
- Masters in Physics: Jobs & Salary
- Online Interactive Advertising Course and Class Review
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses