- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 287
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Child and Adolescent Development: Developmental Milestones & Nature vs. Nurture
Course SummaryGet ready for the PLACE Early Childhood Education exam with engaging video lessons and short quizzes. You'll find every topic on the exam in this course, so you can brush up on what you need to know to pass.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Note: As of June 9, 2016, this PLACE exam was replaced by Praxis Education of Young Children (5024). To access the study guide for this new test, please visit our Praxis Education of Young Children (5024): Study Guide & Exam Prep.
The chapters contained in this course address diverse topics pertaining to early childhood education, from teaching methods for specific content areas to developmental psychology theories. This material is emphasized in competency areas of the PLACE Elementary Education exam that include child development and learning, instruction and assessment, and curriculum development and concepts within various content areas. This comprehensive guide is meant to cover all of the standards that early childhood educators must meet in the state of Colorado by offering study of the following:
- Cognitive, social, physical and language development
- Teaching methods for reading, writing, math, science, social studies, the arts, health and physical education and more
- Diversity in education
- Socialization methods and ethics in education
- Using educational technology and resources
- The importance of a safe and effective learning environment
- Educational philosophies and early childhood education issues
- Instructional and assessment techniques for early childhood educators
- The legal and educational systems
- Student motivation and guidance strategies
- The history of U.S. education
- Membership requirements of professional educational organizations
About the Exam
The PLACE Early Childhood Education exam is a required initial licensure exam that must be passed by those seeking to become early childhood teachers in Colorado. To pass the exam, you will need to be knowledgeable in areas of child development stages, teaching and learning strategies, professional responsibilities and development, communication and collaborative methods, and curriculum planning and instruction in various content areas. This exam is paper-based and contains multiple-choice questions. The allotted time for taking this exam is four-and-a-half hours and passing score of 220 is required for this and all PLACE exams.
PLACE Early Childhood Education Exam Preparation & Registration
You will use this extensive study guide to help you brush up on what you know or learn new facts about how children develop cognitive, social and physical skills, diversity in student learning styles and intelligence, effective instructional and classroom management techniques, student assessment processes and educational technology. The guide will also cover ways in which to teach math, science, literacy, physical education, reading, writing and social studies to preschool students. In addition to the videos and lesson transcripts, you can use self-assessment quizzes to measure your understanding of the material and gauge whether you are fully prepared to take the PLACE Early Childhood Education exam.
You can register for this or any PLACE exam 24/7 by accessing the website. Create an account under the 'Register Now' tab and complete all required information. Make your payment of test fees using a credit card, money order or cashier's check. Print out the admission ticket when you are done registering and bring it along with a photo I.D. to the test site on the day of the exam.
PLACE is a registered trademark of the Colorado Department of Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Classes and Courses in Early Childhood Education
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Get My GED: How to Pass the GED Exam
- Early Childhood Education Courses in Ohio with Degree Descriptions
- Online Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education with Course Info
- Early Childhood Education Degree in North Carolina with Course Info
- Online College Courses in Early Childhood Education with School Info
- Early Childhood Education Courses in Richmond, VA with School Info
- Early Childhood Education Courses in MN with Degree Overviews
- Online Courses in Early Childhood Education: Distance Learning Options
- What Should I Major in to Become an Anesthesiologist
- Pediatric Radiologic Technician Employment Information for Students Considering a Career in Pediatric Radiology
- Technical Development Manager Requirements for a Career in Technical Development Management
- Clinical Psychology Phd Mph Dual Degree
- Sports Trainer Degrees
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses