- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 408
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is Development? - Growth, Maturation & Learning
Course SummaryThis course is designed for anyone who needs to get ready for the Program for Licensing Assessments for Colorado Educators (PLACE) Health exam. Containing engaging lessons and quizzes, the course covers all of the concepts that appear on the test, and it can be studied whenever you have free time.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Note: As of June 9, 2016, this PLACE exam was replaced by Praxis Health Education (5551). To access the study guide for this new test, please visit our Praxis Health Education (5551): Practice & Study Guide.
The chapters comprising this course offer a diverse study of health, with topics ranging from growth and development to personal safety and environmental influences on health. The study guide is designed to cover all competency areas of the PLACE Health exam, which include physical health, mental health, social health and community health. This study guide will help you become proficient in the following:
- Stages of human growth from infancy to adulthood
- Disease processes and the immune system
- Reproduction and genetics
- Sexuality and contraception
- Aging, death and bereavement
- Nutrition and nutrients
- Weight management and physical fitness
- Health and wellness, including sleep and dental health
- Emotional and mental health
- Substance abuse
- Community and public health
- Environmental risks and personal safety
About the Exam
The PLACE Health exam is open to those who wish to teach health education as well as licensed educators seeking an additional endorsement to their existing license. To pass the exam, you must demonstrate knowledge of physical growth and development, wellness, types of diseases, metal disorders, alcohol and drug abuse, social behaviors, environmental health and safety, community health services and nutrition. The exam is paper-administered and contains multiple-choice questions only. Test-taking sessions for PLACE exams are four-and-a-half hours. You must achieve a score of 220 to pass any PLACE exam.
PLACE Early Childhood Education Exam Preparation & Registration
Our extensive study guide addresses all of the material you can expect to encounter when taking the PLACE Health exam. This includes the development of motor and cognitive skills, health and aging, nutritional health, the benefits of physical activity, wellness habits, addictive behaviors and health information promotion and advertising. Tools that can help you study for the exam include video lessons, printable lesson transcripts, self-assessment quizzes and timeline features wherein you can access only those topics where you need further review.
PLACE exam registration is conducted only by accessing the website and creating an account under the Register Now tab. Once you have completed all required information and made payment of test fees using a credit, debit or check card, you will print out an admission ticket. You must bring this ticket with an acceptable form of I.D. to the test site on the day of your exam.
PLACE (Program for Licensing Assessments for Colorado Educators) is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, Inc., which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- List of Free Online Courses for Educators
- RN Programs in Colorado with Course Descriptions
- List of Free Online Design Courses, Lessons and Tutorials
- Undergraduate Health Assessment Course Information
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- List of Free Guitar Courses and Lessons
- Contractor's License Courses in FL with Program Descriptions