- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 317
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Dolphin Habitats: Lesson for Kids
Course SummaryThe engaging lessons in this Plant & Animals for Kids course help make learning fun for your elementary school students. The course offers video lessons and interactive quizzes that can help your students study, learn, improve their grades and much more.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
This online course for elementary school students covers the information that's typically taught in plant and animal science courses. Inside the course, your students will find fun and engaging lessons that examine topics such as animal habitats and animal endangerment. The course includes interactive lesson quizzes and chapter exams to evaluate your students' understanding of the material. The lessons can be screened in class, assigned as homework or used as a convenient study resource.
How It Works
- If students need a comprehensive studying experience, they can take the course from beginning to end. Alternatively, they can locate and jump to specific animal concepts, such as endangered animals, by using the personal course Dashboard feature.
- Lesson transcripts can be printed to follow along with the video lessons or to study later.
- Each lesson comes with a short practice quiz to help your student remember the most important plant and animal definitions and concepts.
- Key terms and definitions are set off in bold print so they can be easily located.
- Lessons can be watched as many times as needed.
Using the Course
The bite-sized and simple nature of these video lessons helps students enjoy the studying process and have fun learning about plants and animals. Parents and teachers can customize the course to fit their students' needs and use it anytime it's convenient. You can also be sure that your students are in a safe learning environment because the course is entirely self-contained and doesn't link to other websites.
Parents and teachers can find these lessons useful in a variety of situations:
- To help students prepare for upcoming exams
- To assist students with homework assignments and class projects
- To enhance traditional classroom instruction
- To screen interesting and informative video lessons in class
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- 5 Lessons to Help Your Students Understand the Elections
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- 5 Summer Activities That Are Fun And Help Kids Learn
- How Study.com Helps You Improve Your Grades
- Online Courses for Animal Care Students
- CFY Is Helping to Make Digital Learning Accessible to Students, Parents and Educators
- LearningCounts.org Helps Students Save Time and Money
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses