- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 118
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is the PMI-PBA® Certification Exam?
Course SummaryStudy for the PMI-PBA certification exam with this mobile-friendly test prep course. Our engaging lessons and self-assessments are designed to help you quickly review and remember the business analysis concepts that you'll be expected to know. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
12 chapters in PMI-PBA® Certification Exam Study Guide - PMI Professional in Business Analysis
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Work through this comprehensive course to get yourself fully prepared for the Project Management Institute (PMI) Professional in Business Analysis (PBA) certification exam. The course contains short video and text-based lessons that cover all of the business analysis topics that you'll be tested on. You'll also find plenty of practice quizzes to help you remember the concepts that appear on the test. We've aligned the course with the following exam topics:
- Business analysis fundamentals
- Assessing business needs
- Business analysis planning, methods, tools and techniques
- The principles of leadership
- Business analysis/management model types
- The roles of communication, negotiation and conflict resolution in business
- Business traceability and monitoring
- The evaluation of business analysis
About the Exam
The PMI-PBA certification exam is part of the certification process for the PMI Professional in Business Analysis credential. There are five domains that appear on this multiple-choice examination. These domains include, Needs Assessment, Planning, Analysis, Traceability/Monitoring and Evaluation. In most instances, test takers will take the exam in a computer-based format. A paper-based format exists for candidates who live far from a Prometric testing site or whose employers wish to administer the exam at their place of work.
PMI-PBA Certification Exam Preparation & Registration
This course provides a flexible and convenient studying experience. You can access the course on any device that has an Internet connection, and you can create your own study schedule. Starting from your course dashboard, feel free to progress through the course in sequence or jump to specific chapter topics. These short and simple lessons help you quickly review important business analysis topics. Print lesson transcripts to study offline, and submit questions to our instructors if you have any. The course comes with lesson quizzes, chapter exams and a final assessment to help you practice answering the types of questions you'll encounter on the PMI-PBA exam.
The first step of the PMI-PBA certification process is completing an online application through the PMI official website. If your application is approved, you'll complete an audit process and submit a payment online. You'll then be able to schedule your exam date, and the exam can be taken up to three times within one year of your application approval date. Be sure to consult the PMI website for more information regarding the PMI-PBA certification process.
The Project Management Institute Professional in Business Analysis Exam (PMI-PBA) is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- How Can I Use Study.com Courses to Homeschool?
- Study.com Updates
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- How To Replace Textbooks With Study.com Courses
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Online Interior Design Courses and Certification Programs
- Home Study Microsoft Certification Courses and Training Programs
- Family Studies Certification Programs with Course Overviews
- Respiration Therapist Job Description and Info About a Career in Respiration Therapy
- Battery Technician Job Information for Students Considering a Career in Battery Technology
- Licensed Vocational Nursing Career Information and Requirements for Becoming a Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Psychology Schools in Chula Vista
- Best Mfa Painting Programs in California
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses