- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 66
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1PMI® Credential Policies & Procedures
Course SummaryIf you are a scheduling professional who needs assistance preparing for the Project Management Institute Scheduling Professional (PMI-SP)® certification exam, you're in the right place. This course offers informative lessons and practice quizzes that go over everything you need to know for the test. This course was last updated by Study.com in 2018. ''The Project Management Institute's Scheduling Professional Exam (PMI-SP) is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.''
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In this course, you will find lessons containing overviews of various project scheduling practices and strategies that you will need to know for the PMI-SP certification exam. You can use this guide to refresh your memory or strengthen what you know or have studied about project scheduling. Topics addressed in this course include planning techniques, estimating, scheduling tools, closure practices and communications management. If any of these subjects challenge you and you have questions, reach out to one of our experts through the Dashboard for assistance. We've ensured you can access this study guide course on any of your devices.
Syllabus & Course Information
Our professional instructors created short and interesting lessons for this course that correspond to the topics that will be on the exam. These include schedule planning and development, as well as stakeholder communications management. Once you complete this course, you should be ready to:
- Detail schedule strategy
- Outline effective schedule planning and development
- Understand various scheduling techniques
- Define methods of scheduling resource management
- Describe schedule controlling and monitoring
- Explain how schedule closeout works
- Identify methods of stakeholder communications management
In 5 lessons and a total of 8 chapters, this course is designed to provide you with all the information that you'll need to do well on the test. To make sure you're ready, answer the questions on the lesson quizzes and chapter tests to see where you may need to focus your study.
PMI-SP Exam Information
The PMI-SP® exam is used to earn PMI-SP certification, which allows project schedulers to show their expertise in the industry. While no passing score is officially established, you must show proficiency in all domain areas to achieve this certification.
- Number of Questions: 170
- Question Type: Multiple-choice
- Time Limit: Three hours and 30 minutes
- Exam Cost: $520 for PMI members, $670 for nonmembers
PMI-SP Exam Breakdown
|PMI-SP Exam Concept||Percent of the PMI-SP Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Schedule Strategy||14%||24 questions||9|
|Schedule Planning & Development||31%||52 questions||25|
|Schedule Monitoring & Controlling||35%||60 questions||11|
|Schedule Closeout||6%||10 questions||5|
|Stakeholder Communications Management||14%||24 questions||3|
PMP Exam Preparation & Registration
Use of this study guide is an effective way to adequately prepare for the PMI-SP certification exam. You can expect to find detailed information about various steps and stages in the project scheduling process. Material addressed in this guide includes project schedule configuration, scheduling policies, project portfolio management and various techniques used in project scheduling, such as PERT analysis, Gantt charts, Monte Carlo simulation and critical path methodology. You'll go over how to develop project scope statements, manage resources, adapt schedules for necessary changes and complete project closure reports. Self-assessment quizzes in each lesson allow you to determine how much you know and if you need further review of any topics before sitting for this exam.
After you have met and verified education and professional experience requirements for this exam, you can apply with an online application form found on the PMI website. Following review of this application, you will be notified via email to submit payment of exam fees, which can be paid online or by mail. You will then receive scheduling information, allowing you to set up the date and testing site for your exam.
The Project Management Institute's Scheduling Professional Exam (PMI-SP) is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Project Management Classes and Courses Overview
- Online Courses in Construction Project Management
- Online Project Management Engineering Courses and Classes
- Online Certified Project Management Courses and Classes
- Professional Career Institute: School Review
- Microsoft Project Management Certification Overview
- Project Management Certification and Training Programs
- Project Management Certificate Programs in Virginia
- Project Management Certificate Programs in Minnesota
- Technical Project Management Degrees in Michigan with Course Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses