- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 38
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Philosophy of Discipline in the Classroom
Course SummaryThis teacher resource course is designed for instructors who want to develop/implement a positive behavior support system in their classrooms. These informative lessons outline key strategies that can help you promote, manage, assess and improve student behavior in classroom settings.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
Educating is more than just instructing students. It's also about handling and correcting problematic behaviors in the classroom. Designed by experienced educators, this course addresses how to develop a positive behavior support system to make classroom management more effective and to encourage positive student engagement.
How It Works
Go through this series of miniaturized lessons to discover all the details about positive behavior support. This topic has been divided into several chapters, and each chapter is full of short and informative lessons. Use the chapter menus to find specific lesson topics to review, or go through the entire series from start to finish.
This course includes:
- Short video lessons that let you see and hear the positive behavior support information as presented by our expert instructors
- Comprehensive teacher resources that are accessible 24/7 through our online portal
- Easy-to-follow text-based lessons that clearly define classroom behavior terms and provide real-world examples
- Support directly from our classroom behavior experts, just in case you have questions you need answered
How It Helps
- Details practical strategies: Brief lessons guide teachers as they quickly learn how to identify classroom behavior issues and how to handle these obstacles.
- Provides new perspectives: Teachers who have never experienced certain types of behaviors may not know how to handle them, but this series provides tips and strategies that can be implemented immediately.
- Improves student behavior: By better understanding what causes negative classroom behavior, teachers can try different strategies to promote positive classroom behavior from all students.
- Describe theories of managing behavior and classroom discipline
- Understand challenging classroom behaviors
- Identify strategies for assessing classroom behavior
- Integrate management and intervention techniques for classroom behavior
- Analyze positive behavior support strategies
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Promoting Empathy in My Classroom Improved My Students' Behavior
- How to Use New Year's Resolutions to Improve Classroom Behavior
- How I Used Behavior Cards in My Classroom: What a Difference!
- Improve Overall Behavior in Your Classroom: Detention Task Ideas & Tips
- Positive Behavior Support | PBIS Tips for Teachers
- Here's How I Implemented a Reciprocal Teaching Strategy in My Classroom
- Teachers: How to Get Funding for Your Classroom
- Beware: Lessons From Setting Up My Virtual Classroom
- Teaching Students with Disabilities: Strategies for Regular Classrooms
- Why You Should Implement Microlearning in the Classroom
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses