- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 34
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Ethics of Influence in the Workplace
Course SummaryOur corporate training course on power and privilege in the workplace can be used to teach your employees about the subject. Experts developed the self-paced course, and it can be studied whenever employees' schedules permit.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
We've provided a series of user-friendly lessons and chapters in this corporate training course on power and privilege in the workplace. Allocate topics such as power in leadership, recognizing privilege and workplace prejudice, bias and discrimination to your employees to complete from any location at their leisure.
How It Works
Topics related to workplace privilege and power are grouped by chapters, which are made up of short lessons. Your employees can enjoy the convenience of logging into our learning platform via mobile devices or PCs, whether at the office or at home.
This course is made up of:
- Bite-sized lessons covering privilege and power in the workplace
- Multiple-choice lesson quizzes to test your employees' knowledge
- Self-assessment tests at the end of each chapter
- A comprehensive, end-of-course test
How It Helps
- Provides understanding: Sensitive topics including bias, discrimination and prejudice are covered thoroughly, giving your employees knowledge of how to address these important subjects.
- Builds confidence: Understanding the role of power and influence in the workplace will give your employees more confidence to handle situations as they arise at work.
- Eases training: Because all of your employees can access these materials on mobile devices or computers, you can provide this course to everyone, regardless of location or schedule, to complete at their convenience.
This course is designed to give your employees the ability to:
- Outline power and influence in the workplace
- Define personal power in the workplace
- Understand power as it pertains to leadership
- Assess and recognize privilege in the workplace
- Identify discrimination, prejudice and bias in the workplace
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Become an Employee Training Specialist
- Self-Paced Computer Training Programs and Requirements
- Art Teacher Courses, Training and Degree Programs
- 4 Signs Your Employees Are Bored By Your Training Program & How to Engage Them
- 4 Questions with Beverly Kaye, Employee Retention, Engagement and Learning Expert
- Locksmith Training Programs and Courses
- Distribution Training Programs and Courses
- Orthotic Training Programs and Courses
- Seminary Courses and Training Information
- Paramedic Training Courses by Level
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses