- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 66
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Beginner's Guide to Using PowerPoint
Course SummaryLearn more about how to successfully use Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 to create effective slide presentations with this training course. Our video lesson tutorials teach you how to create professional looking presentations with transitions, animations and more that you can use at work or for school.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
These PowerPoint 2013 video lessons teach you the skills and techniques you need to master Microsoft PowerPoint. Each short, engaging video lesson addresses another aspect of PowerPoint presentation creation and manipulation. Our team of trained PowerPoint experts will give you step-by-step instructions with accompanying visuals that take the guesswork out of creating effective slide presentations with PowerPoint.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Creating New Presentations and Slideshows
You'll learn how to find and apply a design template that suits your presentation's purpose, format your slides to maximize your content, and create presentation notes to supplement your on-screen visuals. This section also provides tips for presenting your slideshow effectively.
- Manipulating Slide Content
Whether you're creating your first-ever slideshow, or looking for tips to take your existing presentation to the next level, we can show you how to use WordArt, charts, tables, and images to help you get your message across to your audience.
- Applying Transitions and Animations
Take your presentations from good to great with slick transitions and engaging animations. Learn how to time your effects perfectly and add a new level of professionalism to your presentation.
- Advanced Features
Learn to merge content from multiple presentations, iterate using Track Changes, safeguard your work using encryption, and more!
PowerPoint is a registered trademark of Microsoft, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Where to Create Online Presentations for Education
- How Tech Can Help Teachers Create Engaging Lesson Plans
- Learn Effective Communication: Classes and Courses
- How to Successfully Transition to Homeschooling
- How Online Courses Work Video
- Online Music Lessons and Tutorials: How Do They Work?
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- List of Video Animation Schools and Colleges in the U.S.
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses