- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 12
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Business Ethics in Contemporary Businesses
Course SummaryUse this corporate training course to enhance your employees' capacity to practice workplace ethics and strengthen your company's ethical culture. These informative video lessons can help to promote a climate of integrity that could lead to happier employees, increased productivity and overall company success.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
For employees' actions to align with the ethical values of their company, they must understand the meaning of business ethics and be able to apply it to their conduct at work. This course will help your employees accomplish both of these objectives by digging into the fundamental elements of workplace ethics and teaching the skills and techniques needed for ethical workplace behavior.
How It Works
This course offers a series of short video lessons that your employees can watch in the office or on-the-go using a laptop, smart phone or tablet. Employees can view the lessons all at once in a corporate training session or one at a time, as their schedule permits.
Beneficial training features include:
- Video lessons that provide compelling presentations using real world examples and fun visuals to drive home the meaning of ethical workplace behavior
- Links to main ideas within the videos so employees can review any terms or concepts they may have missed
- Lesson quizzes to help employees check their understanding of what they learned
- A chapter exam that covers the basics of business ethics, including the definition of ethics, ethical problems and ethics policies
- A chapter exam on ethical communication, decision-making, leadership and ethical character traits
- A final exam to help you gauge employees' comprehension of key course concepts
How It Helps
- Improves workplace environment: By watching the lessons in this course, employees will understand how to practice ethical behavior that benefits themselves and others, including communicating well with team members, acting with fairness and making ethical choices.
- Emphasizes value-driven behavior: This course helps employees apply the ethics concepts and skills taught in each of these lessons to their everyday interactions with peers, subordinates, managers and customers.
- Reduces misconduct: This course boosts employees' ability to think through the potential consequences of their actions, make appropriate business decisions and take responsibility for mistakes.
The Basics of Business Ethics
- Define ethics and their application to the business world
- Five types of ethical climates within organizations
- Workplace factors that affect ethical behavior
- Reasons ethical problems occur in an organization
- Importance of ethics policies, training and reporting procedures
Practicing Workplace Ethics
- Six character traits that contribute to workplace ethics
- The connection between ethical communication and strong relationships
- The process for making ethical decisions
- Ethical skills important for effective leadership
- Management techniques for commanding ethical workplace behavior
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How Company Culture Can Help You Retain Employees
- Employee Productivity Boosting Techniques You Should Start Using in Your Workplace
- How to Become an Employee Training Specialist
- Ethical Hacker: Courses, Training & Certification
- 4 Signs Your Employees Are Bored By Your Training Program & How to Engage Them
- Why You Should Help Your Employees Earn a College Degree
- Promoting Success: Study Identifies Best Practices for Community College Transfer
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Online Business Ethics Training Courses and Education Programs
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses