- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 245
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1From Mycenae's Collapse to Greek Colonization
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this comprehensive test preparation course to get ready for the Praxis Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge exam. You'll study short lessons and take practice assessments that cover all of the history, political science, geography and economics topics that appear on the test.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
33 chapters in Praxis Citizenship Education - Content Knowledge (5087): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About This Course
Get ready to take the Praxis Citizenship Education - Content Knowledge exam with help from the informative lessons and quizzes in this test prep course. You'll study Ancient Greece and Rome, the historical impact of trade, World Wars I and II and much more. Use any smartphone, tablet or computer to study at your convenience 24 hours a day. Along with each lesson, we've included a helpful self-assessment quiz to help you identify the areas on which you need to focus.
If you're looking for something else, be sure to browse through some of our other Praxis pages. We have a comprehensive guide to Praxis Subject Assessments, with information on test dates, locations, passing scores and much more. We've also got Praxis test prep materials to help you practice, Praxis courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Praxis study guides to help you study, Praxis practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Praxis resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This convenient online test prep course is for aspiring teachers who are planning on taking the Praxis Citizenship Education - Content Knowledge exam. The course contains bite-sized and entertaining lessons that cover the exam's subject areas, including world history, American history, politics, government and economics. You can expect to be able to do the following once you finish this course:
- Provide important details about ancient Greece, Rome, Persia, India and China
- Outline the history of the Byzantine Empire and the Crusades
- Identify major world religions
- Discuss dynasties around the world from 300-1400 CE
- Explain the Renaissance and the Enlightenment as well as the Reformation
- Describe European colonization and early North American history
- Understand the American Revolution, US Constitution, US Expansion, Civil War and Reconstruction
- Identify the impacts of trade and revolutions throughout history
- Outline imperialism during the 1800s and 1900s
- Discuss World War I, World War II the Cold War and the Vietnam War
- Define civil disobedience, protests and activism
- Understand the modern role of the United States
- Detail political ideologies, US government and world governments
- Explain geography and demography
- Discuss micro and macroeconomics as well as personal finance basics
With 32 chapters subdivided into 219 bite-sized lessons, this study guide offers a comprehensive overview of all the topics you could be tested on when you take the Praxis Citizenship Education exam. Our lesson quizzes and chapter tests provide a handy way to assess your test readiness for the exam.
Praxis Citizenship Education - Content Knowledge Exam Information
This computer-delivered exam evaluates the skills and knowledge that secondary school teachers must have in order to teach citizenship education. The test contains five sections, U.S. History, World History, Government/Civics/Political Science, Geography and Economics.
- Number of Questions: 120
- Question Type: selected-response
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $120
Praxis Citizenship Education - Content Knowledge Exam Breakdown
|Praxis Citizenship Education - Content Knowledge Exam Concept||Percent of the Praxis Citizenship Education - Content Knowledge Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|United States History||22%||27 questions||56|
|World History||22%||27 questions||59|
|Government/Civics/Political Science||22%||27 questions||37|
Praxis Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge Preparation & Registration
This course helps you study for the Praxis exam at any time that fits your schedule. Its online format allows you to access it on virtually any computer or mobile device. Start on the course dashboard to begin studying. You can work through the course from start to finish or locate the specific chapter topics you want to study on the dashboard. You'll watch engaging lessons that are taught by subject-matter experts. Lessons come with interactive self-assessment quizzes, as well as printable lesson transcripts that you can study offline. Our instructors are available to answer any questions you may have, and we encourage you to take the course's final assessment to make sure you're fully prepared for the Praxis Citizenship Education exam.
To complete your registration online, go to the official Educational Testing Service (ETS) website. From there, you'll be able to select your closest testing center. The website also allows you to pay your exam fee and check your state's specific teaching certification requirements. Registration may also be made by phone or by mail.
Praxis is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Praxis Test Preparation & Resources
- Should I Major in Political Science? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- The Best Way to Study for Your Praxis Test
- More Than Half of SAT Test-Takers Not Ready for College
- GED Books and Study Materials for Test Preparation
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- NMTA Test Preparation & Resources
- CNS Test Preparation & Resources
- TACHS Test Preparation & Resources
- EPPP Test Preparation & Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses