- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 100
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Praxis?
Course SummaryThis course covers the new Praxis Core Mathematics Exam (5733) which has been administered since September 2019. To study for the old exam, administered until August 2020, please use our Praxis Core Mathematics Exam (5732) Study Guide.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
13 chapters in Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Mathematics (5733): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Mathematics (5733) Study Guide
This Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Mathematics (5733) exam is new and has been offered since September 2019. The Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Mathematics (5732) exam will be offered until August 2020 and is separate from this Study.com course. The main difference between these two tests is more emphasis on data interpretation and representation, statistics, and probability, and a reduced weight on algebra and geometry. The video lessons for each chapter are easy to follow and present the material in a fun and engaging way that will help you retain the information easier.
Check out our Praxis test prep materials! We've got Praxis courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Praxis study guides to help you study, Praxis practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Praxis resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Mathematics Course Information
This course is created to help you prepare for the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Mathematics (5733) exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by ETS. Our experienced instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Number and Quantity
- Solve problems with integers, decimals, and fractions
- Apply solutions to real-life problems with relevant numbers, information, or operations
- Compute problems using unit conversion and measurement
- Understand place value, comparing decimal numbers, and ordering of fractions
Data Interpretation and Representation, Statistics, and Probability
- Solve problems involving measures of central tendency and spread
- Differentiate between positive and negative linear relationships
- Work with data and data representations in order to solve problems
- Differentiate between correlation and causation
Algebra and Geometry
- Demonstrate familiarity with properties such as commutative, associate and distributive
- Follow an arithmetic or algebraic procedure
- Use basic properties of common two-dimensional shapes to solve problems
- Understand area and circumference of a circle and how to solve problems with given formulas
Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Mathematics Course Format
This course contains 89 lessons that are broken into 12 chapters. As you work through the course, watch the video lessons and follow along with the printable transcripts. The course also includes interactive lesson quizzes and chapter exams to help you remember the concepts you study.
Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Mathematics Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 56
- Question Type: Multiple-choice and numeric entry
- Time Limit: 1.5 hours
- Exam Cost: $90
Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Mathematics Exam Breakdown
|Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Mathematics Exam Concept||Percent of the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Mathematics Exam||Approximate Number of Questions|
|Number and Quantity||36%||20|
|Data Interpretation and Representation, Statistics, and Probability||32%||18|
|Algebra and Geometry||32%||18|
Registering and Preparing for the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Mathematics Exam
Registration for the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Mathematics exam is offered on a year-round basis. To register for the exam, go to the ETS website and create a Praxis account. If you require special assistance during test day, you must submit a request and have it approved by ETS Disability Service before your test can be scheduled. Requests can be submitted through the online Praxis account, email, mail or courier service. On test day, be sure to bring photo ID and your admission ticket to the testing center.
These video lessons are short and engaging to help you understand the material you will encounter on the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Mathematics exam. Be sure to complete the self-assessment quizzes at the end of each lesson to ensure you have absorbed the material.
For more information on registering and preparing for the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Mathematics exam, check out our Praxis Informational Resources.
Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators - Mathematics Exam Scoring
Test results are available within 21 calendar days after your test. You will not be penalized for any unanswered or incorrect answers. Passing scores are determined by state thresholds, meaning different states have different standards. Be sure to check what the score requirement is for your respective state.
Praxis is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service (ETS), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- What Are the Praxis Core Academic Skills Tests?
- Compass Exams
- What Is the GRE Exam?
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- Top Strategies for Studying for Final Exams: Straight From Students
- The Best Way to Study for Your Praxis Test
- How Do Study.com Courses Align With Common Core Standards?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses