- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 161
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1School Processes Data in Education: Meaning & Analysis
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryAspiring educational administrators must obtain the necessary certification to assume administrative roles in academic institutions. This extensive study guide is designed to help you review material you will need to know to pass the Praxis Educational Leadership - Administration and Supervision exam. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
17 chapters in Praxis Educational Leadership - Administration & Supervision (5411): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About This Course
From fiscal management to setting schoolwide goals, this comprehensive study guide reviews all of the topics you could be tested on when taking the Praxis Educational Leadership - Administration and Supervision exam. You'll be able to study curriculum development, school improvement plans, school/community partnerships, and educational leadership theories. Each lesson is taught by expert instructors, and you can easily reach out with any lesson-specific questions by using a short online contact form. Lesson quizzes and chapter exams measure your knowledge and help you determine if you need further review of any subject prior to taking this Praxis exam.
If you're looking for something else, be sure to browse through some of our other Praxis pages. We have a comprehensive guide to Praxis Subject Assessments, with information on test dates, locations, passing scores and much more. We've also got Praxis test prep materials to help you practice, Praxis courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Praxis study guides to help you study, Praxis practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Praxis resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Refer to this study guide to review every topic you will need to know for the Praxis Educational Leadership - Administration and Supervision exam. You'll view lessons that explain how to create a school vision, conduct educational research, mentor teachers, use effective assessments and hire staff. When you have finished your study of this course, you should be able to:
- Implement a detailed school vision
- Use effective communication methods for teachers, the community and staff
- Design school improvement plans
- Apply instructional coaching methods
- Understand differentiated instruction and develop inclusive learning environments
- Analyze and summarize educational assessments
- Use planning methods within academic settings
- Promote safety in schools
- Collaborate with stakeholders and community leaders
- Discuss educational ethics and legislation
- Manage conflict and employ decision-making methods
- Explain educational leader roles and advocacy practices
This course is made up of 16 individual chapters broken down into 159 video and text lessons. Lessons are accessible 24/7 from any device, and transcripts are printable so you can create quick-reference study materials if needed.
Praxis Educational Leadership - Administration and Supervision Exam Information
In many states, the Praxis Educational Leadership - Administration and Supervision exam is used to gauge the knowledge of aspiring educational administrators seeking certification in this field.
- Number of Questions: 110 questions
- Question Type: Selected-response
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $120
Praxis Educational Leadership - Administration and Supervision Exam Breakdown
|Praxis Educational Leadership - Administration and Supervision Concept||Percent of Praxis Educational Leadership - Administration and Supervision Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Vision and Goals||19%||21 questions||26|
|Teaching and Learning||25%||28 questions||51|
|Managing Organizational Systems and Safety||14%||15 questions||32|
|Collaborating with Key Stakeholders||13%||14 questions||20|
|Ethics and Integrity||16%||18 questions||21|
|The Education System||13%||14 questions||9|
Praxis Educational Leadership - Administration and Supervision Preparation & Registration
Review all of the lessons contained in this extensive study guide to fully prepare for the Praxis Educational Leadership - Administration and Supervision exam. Study leadership and communication methods, professional development activities, educational assessment uses, budget development, educational technologies, and educational trends.
The easiest way to register for Praxis exams is to do so online: simply create an account on the Educational Testing Service (ETS) website, fill out and submit an online form, pay fees via PayPal or debit/credit card, and receive a confirmation email with an admission ticket. Print out this ticket and bring with you on the day of your exam. You can also download and print out a Test Authorization Voucher Request Form and mail it to ETS; you'll get a voucher number sent to you with which you can complete your registration. Phone registration is also available, but does involve an additional charge.
Praxis is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Service (ETS), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Educational Leadership Certificate Online
- Top Schools for Educational Administration and Supervision
- Educational Supervisor Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Certificate Program Overviews in Educational Supervision
- What Can You Do With a Masters in Educational Leadership?
- MBA in Educational Leadership
- Leadership in Educational Administration Doctoral Degree Info
- What Can You Do With a Masters in Educational Administration?
- School Administrator: Educational Requirements
- Educational Administration and Supervision
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses