- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 298
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Creating Themes, Units & Lessons Targeting Literacy Skills
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryCheck your understanding of instructional strategies in various subject areas with this comprehensive study guide. This course can help you fully prepare to take the Praxis Elementary Education - Instructional Practice and Applications teacher certification exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
37 chapters in Praxis Elementary Education - Instructional Practice & Applications (5019): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About This Course
From algebraic concepts to reading comprehension, this guide is designed to address all of the material you will need to know when taking the Praxis Elementary Education - Instructional Practice and Applications exam. You'll review ways to help students build skills and understanding of a wide variety of subjects, such as language arts, basic math, health, history, geography, music and art. Brief lessons take 10 minutes or less to review, and you can go back to the topics you need to study further as often as needed. Track your progress on your Dashboard, and use self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams to measure what you've learned and determine your readiness in moving from one chapter to the next.
If you're looking for something else, be sure to browse through some of our other Praxis pages. We have a comprehensive guide to Praxis Subject Assessments, with information on test dates, locations, passing scores and much more. We've also got Praxis test prep materials to help you practice, Praxis courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Praxis study guides to help you study, Praxis practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Praxis resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
All of the lessons contained in this extensive course are designed to align directly with the concepts covered on the Praxis Elementary Education - Instructional Practice and Applications exam. Study chapters that focus on speaking and listening skills, science concepts, U.S. government structure, curriculum planning and instructional design. Once you finish this course, you should be able to:
- Develop lessons in language arts, math, science and social studies
- Apply instructional strategies in art, music and physical education
- Assist students in developing strong reading, writing, listening and reading comprehension skills
- Explain basic math operations, decimals, percents, fractions, estimation and number theory
- Detail concepts in life, physical, earth and space science
- Describe health concepts in nutrition, diseases, fitness and substance abuse
- Instruct in areas of geography, history, economics, sociology and anthropology
- Use various assessment methods across different subject areas
This course is made up of 37 individual chapters broken down into 290 video and text lessons. These lessons are easily accessed from any device 24/7, so you can fit study time into any busy schedule.
Praxis Elementary Education - Instructional Practice and Applications Exam Information
The Praxis Elementary Education - Instructional Practice and Applications exam is used by many states to measure a prospective teacher's content knowledge and ability to teach various subjects at the elementary level.
- Number of Questions: 124 questions
- Question Type: Selected-response and constructed-response
- Time Limit: 2 hours and 50 minutes
- Exam Cost: $146
Praxis Elementary Education - Instructional Practice and Applications Exam Breakdown
|Praxis Elementary Education - Instructional Practice and Applications Concept||Percent of Praxis Elementary Education - Instructional Practice and Applications Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Reading and Language Arts||23%||37 questions||64|
|Social Studies||11%||17 questions||46|
|Art, Music and Physical Education||10%||15 questions||34|
Note that general curriculum planning, instructional design and assessment topics are tested on in each section of this exam; there is a total of 21 lessons in this study guide devoted to these topics.
Praxis Elementary Education - Instructional Practice and Applications Exam Preparation & Registration
Our course has been designed to be one of the most thorough test preparation resources available to help you prepare for the Praxis Elementary Education - Instructional Practice and Applications exam. The guide offers detailed reviews of math, science, language arts and social studies concepts as well as teaching strategies for helping students learn these concepts. You will study information about grammar, writing context and organization, vocabulary, phonics and syntax; math problem-solving skills, fractions, ratios and rates, math formulas, geometric shapes, measurement, statistics and probability; scientific inquiry, ecosystems, earth and space systems and structures, nutrition and physics; and population, regions, economic markets and systems, government branches, and human impacts on the environment. You'll also study music terms, art history and tools, physical fitness and motor skills development. Curriculum design, lesson planning and assessment strategies are also covered.
There are three ways to register for this or any Praxis exam: online, by mail or by phone. Registering online is easy: simply create an account on the Educational Testing Service (ETS) website, submit requested information and payment of exam fees with a debit/credit card or PayPal. You will then be emailed your admission ticket you'll need to present at your test site on the day of your exam.
If you wish to register by mail, download and print the Test Authorization Voucher Request Form, fill it out and mail it to ETS. A voucher with instructions for completing your registration will be mailed to you. By phone, simply call the toll-free number found on the ETS website; note that additional charges apply when registering by phone.
Praxis is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Service (ETS), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Elementary Curriculum and Instruction Certificate Programs
- How to Differentiate Instruction | Strategies and Examples
- Nevada Elementary Teacher Certification
- Missouri Elementary Teacher Certification
- CAD Instruction Courses and Classes
- Instructional Designer Certificate and Certification Programs
- Instructional Design Certification and Certificate Programs
- Teaching Strategies | Instructional Strategies & Resources
- Idaho Elementary Education Certification
- Distance Education Courses That Can Help Teachers Relocate Easily
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses