- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 90
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Using & Understanding Topographic Maps
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this extensive study guide to refresh and possibly increase your knowledge of the topics you'll be tested on when taking the Praxis Geography. These preparation materials include short video or text lessons and self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About This Course
This course will help you prepare to take the Praxis Geography (5921) test. It is a comprehensive course, and it offers a streamlined method of study; all concepts that are on the Praxis are discussed in the lessons. You will learn about geography tools and concepts, regional geography, and environmental change. Short 5-10 minute lessons provide bite-sized chunks of information that are easy to absorb and retain. Gain access 24/7 so that you can study at your own pace when it's most convenient. Experts are readily available to answer any questions about this material via an online contact form.
Check out our Praxis Preparation resources! We've got Praxis courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Praxis study guides to help you study, Praxis practice tests to test your knowledge, and Praxis informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Everything you have to know when taking the Praxis Geography exam is addressed in this comprehensive course. You'll review facts about human and regional geography, human impact on the environment and political effects on geography. Once you complete your perusal of this guide, you should be able to:
- Identify and use geography tools
- Describe regional climate, ecosystems and Earth structures
- Discuss demographics, human migration and distribution patterns
- Define and provide examples of plant and animal domestication
- Detail the geography of Asia, Europe, North America and other regions
- Provide information about pollution, climate changes, industrial development and human adaptation
This course is made up of 7 individual chapters that are broken down into 84 video and text lessons. You can access and review this lessons at any time, from any device, and easily track your progress using your Dashboard.
Praxis Geography Exam Information
You will need to take and pass the Praxis Geography exam if you wish to teach this subject and live in a state that utilizes this teacher certification system. This study guide will help you become fully prepared to sit for this particular exam.
- Number of Questions: 120 questions
- Question Type: Selected-response
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $120
Praxis Geography Exam Breakdown
|Praxis Geography Exam Concept||Percent of the Praxis Geography Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Geography Literacy and Tools||20%||24 questions||13|
|Physical Geography||20%||24 questions||16|
|Human Geography||25%||30 questions||30|
|Regional Geography||15%||18 questions||13|
|Environment and Society||20%||24 questions||12|
Preparing & Registering for the Praxis Geography Test
Using this study guide gives you the chance to review the content of the Praxis Geography test in one place. The concise lessons provide meaningful instruction from field experts. In the lessons, you will learn about the geography of different areas and the way in which geography and politics interact. You may go over the interaction between an area's geography and its plants, animals and people. Take the assessment quizzes to see if you have retained information from the lessons.
Praxis tests can be taken at test centers internationally, including Prometric centers, universities, and other locations. Testing windows vary by state. You can register online, by mail, or over the phone (for an additional fee). On the day of the test, you must have your admissions ticket, which can be printed from the test website. Bring along an approved form of identification and arrive at least 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the test.
Praxis is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- GED Books and Study Materials for Test Preparation
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Praxis Test Preparation & Resources
- When to Use a Self-Assessment With Your Job Search Video
- Self-Assessments for Choosing a Career Path Video
- GED Classes with Test Preparation Material Information
- Should I Become an Accountant? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become an Anesthesiologist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Should I Become a Nutritionist? - Quiz & Self-Assessment Test
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses