- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 94
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Gifted Education? - History, Models & Issues
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis extensive study guide enables you to review strategies and methods for instructing, assessing and preparing curricula for gifted students. The lessons in this course address the topics you could be tested on when taking the Praxis Gifted Education exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About This Course
This course is designed to help you refresh what you know or learn new facts about topics you'll have to recollect during the Praxis Gifted Education (5358) exam. You will have the opportunity to go over details about the characteristics of gifted education students, practices for teaching these students, creating effective learning environments and assessing student performance. Every topic is covered with a short, engaging video lesson that makes it fun and easy to learn what you need to know for this Praxis exam. Use your Dashboard to track your progress through the course and get support from experts using a brief contact form.
If you're looking for something else, be sure to browse through some of our other Praxis pages. We have a comprehensive guide to Praxis Subject Assessments, with information on test dates, locations, passing scores and much more. We've also got Praxis test prep materials to help you practice, Praxis courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Praxis study guides to help you study, Praxis practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Praxis resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
With this course, you can review every concept you'll be tested on when taking the Praxis Gifted Education exam. You'll gain an understanding of how to identify and assess gifted students, plan curricula and use gifted education teacher resources. In addition, you will be able to:
- Define the history and principles of gifted education
- Describe the characteristics of gifted students
- Identify special issues in gifted education
- Apply effective gifted education teaching strategies
- Assist students in developing self-advocacy and -learning practices
- Create positive learning environments
- Produce, summarize and interpret student assessments
- Implement gifted education teacher development practices
This course is made up of 11 individual chapters broken down into 86 video and text lessons. Use assessment tools like short lesson quizzes and chapter exams to measure what you have retained as you go from topic to topic.
Praxis Gifted Education Exam Information
The Praxis Gifted Education exam is a teacher certification exam given in several states to those seeking licensure in the area of gifted education. This study guide is quick-reference preparation tool you can use to make sure you're fully ready to sit for the test.
- Number of Questions: 120 questions
- Question Type: Selected-response
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $120
Praxis Gifted Education Exam Breakdown
|Praxis Gifted Education Exam Concept||Percent of the Praxis Gifted Education Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Development and Characteristics of Gifted Students||21%||25 questions||17|
|Learning Environment for Gifted Students||19%||23 questions||11|
|Instruction of Gifted Students||28%||33 questions||29|
|Identification and Assessment of Gifted Students||18%||22 questions||18|
Praxis Gifted Education Exam Preparation & Registration
This study guide is a quick and effective reference tool you can use when preparing for the Praxis Gifted Education exam. You will review such topics as gifted education goals and principles; the cognitive, social and emotional development of gifted students; assessment processes in gifted education; lesson plan development and curriculum models; how to meet the learning needs of gifted students; and teaching gifted students self-advocacy and responsibility for their learning. You will also study ways in which to create effective learning environments; why assessments are important and how they are developed; and professional and career development practices for gifted education teachers. Short video and text lessons can be completed in less than ten minutes and are accessible from your iPad, iPhone, computer or any other device 24/7. Print lesson transcripts to create convenient reference materials. Confirm that you have adequate understanding of each topic by taking short quizzes and chapter exams.
There are three different ways in which you can register for the Gifted Education or any other Praxis exam: online, by phone or via email. You can complete the registration process online through the ETS website; pay the required fees with a credit or debit card and print out the admission ticket emailed to you once your registration has been processed. If registering by mail, you can download and print the Test Authorization Voucher Request Form and mail it to ETS; you will then be mailed a voucher with registration instructions. If phone registration is your choice, you will simply call the toll-free number and pay necessary fees with a credit or debit card. Additional charges may be attached when registering by phone.
Praxis is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service (ETS), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- How to Identify a Gifted Student in Your Classroom
- Graduate Certificate Programs in Gifted Education
- Gifted Education Certification Requirements in Alabama
- How Gifted Students Can Help Teachers Get Other Students Engaged
- 3 Ways Technology Can Help You Support Gifted Students
- Top Strategies for Studying for Final Exams: Straight From Students
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Gifted Teacher Certification in Louisiana
- Gifted Teacher Certification in Missouri
- 4 Methods That Parents Can Use to Help Their Gifted Child Reach Full Potential
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses