- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 242
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What Is Language?
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryIn this study guide course are bite-sized lessons, mini quizzes and practice tests designed to help you prepare for and pass the Praxis Early Childhood Education exam. Our resources can quickly and effectively boost your knowledge of exam concepts.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
30 chapters in Praxis Early Childhood Education Test (5025): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About This Praxis Early Childhood Education Study Guide
The Praxis Early Childhood Education exam is used by some states to measure prospective teachers' content-area knowledge and determine their eligibility for licensure. Self-paced lessons in this study guide offer a convenient online format that can help you review important concepts covered in your teacher education program and prepare you to pass the exam. This study guide includes instructional videos on learning disorders as well as several content areas such as math, English, civics, geography, physical education and creative arts.
If you're looking for something else, be sure to browse through some of our other Praxis pages. We have a comprehensive guide to Praxis Subject Assessments, with information on test dates, locations, passing scores and much more. We've also got Praxis test prep materials to help you practice, Praxis courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Praxis study guides to help you study, Praxis practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Praxis resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2020.
Praxis Early Childhood Education Course Information
This course is designed to prepare you for the Praxis Early Childhood Education exam, covering all of the topics outlined in the official test materials provided by the Educational Testing Service (ETS). Our professional instructors created this comprehensive course to help you master these objectives. Some of the topics covered in this course are listed below:
Language and Literacy
- Explaining language acquisition and the stages of language development
- Discussing scaffolding reading instruction and children's literature
- Identifying learning disorders in children
- Outlining the processes of spelling and writing development
- Utilizing correct sentence structure, grammar, punctuation and writing conventions
- Solving word problems and using math in everyday life
- Describing different types of numbers and the order of operations in math
- Discussing geometric constructions and geometric figure properties and postulates
- Reading scientific graphs and charts
- Collecting, organizing and displaying data
- Differentiating between self identity, personal identity and collective identity
- Outlining Erikson's stages of psychosocial development
- Explaining the elements of culture and how emotions differ across cultures
- Describing geography tools, geographical similarities and types of regions
- Discussing geographic coordinates, time geography and the shape of the earth
- Detailing types of spatial processes and defining cultural diffusion
- Explaining America's core values and the rules of civil justice
- Describing basic science concepts and terminology
- Explaining how matter and light interact
- Defining heat, electricity, magnetic force, kinematics and soil erosion
- Discussing the defining characteristics of living organisms
Health and Physical Education; Creative and Performing Arts
- Defining health and wellness, organ systems and physical fitness
- Explaining how physical activity affects childhood development
- Describing major risks to children's health and components of exercise programs
- Outlining the seven elements of art
- Discussing the basics of creating, performing and responding to art
Praxis Early Childhood Education Course Format
This course is made up of 22 individual chapters parsed into 182 video and text lessons. Each lesson is taught by expert instructors and can be reviewed as many times as needed to ensure full understanding.
Praxis Early Childhood Education Exam Information
- Number of Questions: 120 questions
- Question Type: Selected-response
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $120
Praxis Early Childhood Education Exam Breakdown
|Praxis Early Childhood Education Exam Concept||Percent of the Praxis Early Childhood Education Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Language and Literacy||30%||36 questions||85|
|Social Studies||14%||17 questions||42|
|Health and Physical Education; Creative and Performing Arts||17%||20 questions||14|
Registering and Preparing for the Praxis Early Childhood Education Exam
A Praxis account is required to sign up for this early childhood education test. To create one, enter your personal and contact information on the Educational Testing Service's (ETS) online registration page. This account will allow you to schedule a testing appointment, view and print your admission ticket to the testing center, reschedule a testing appointment and access your test scores once they become available.
Let our experienced instructors walk you through all of the language arts, math, social studies, science and art concepts that are covered on the Praxis Early Childhood Education test. Instruction is available in the form of illustrated video lessons lasting less than ten minutes each. You can also access transcripts with links to supplementary text lessons if you need a quick refresher on key terms, or take multiple-choice quizzes to familiarize yourself with test question formatting and see how well you've absorbed the material.
For more information on registering and preparing for the Praxis Elementary Education - Multiple Subjects exam, check out our Praxis Informational Resources.
Scoring the Praxis Early Childhood Education Exam
Passing scores for the Praxis Early Childhood Education test can land within a range of areas on a 100-200 point scale. Check with your state department of education to find out its minimum score requirements for licensure. You'll find out how you did on the exam 2-3 weeks after the end of the testing window.
Praxis is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- Classes and Courses in Early Childhood Education
- Strategies & Tips to Help You Pass Your Praxis Test
- Early Childhood Education Courses in AZ with School Overviews
- Early Childhood Education Courses in Ohio with Degree Descriptions
- Early Childhood Education Courses in Nevada with Degree Info
- Early Childhood Education Degree in North Carolina with Course Info
- Online College Courses in Early Childhood Education with School Info
- Online Bachelor Degree in Early Childhood Education with Course Info
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses