- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 133
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Economic Scarcity and the Function of Choice
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryPrepare for the types of questions you'll encounter on the Praxis Economics test with this mobile-friendly study guide. You can use these video lessons and quizzes to study all the topics covered by the exam, measure your understanding of the material and focus on areas that need additional review.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About the Course
If you want to work as a public high school economics teacher, you may have to pass the Praxis Economics (5911) test as part of your state's certification process. In this comprehensive study guide, you'll find lessons focusing on supply and demand, inflation, unemployment, money markets, macroeconomics and trade. This course provides a self-paced way to prepare for this Praxis exam, and the materials are accessible from any device 24/7. Track your progress using your Dashboard and reach out to instructors with any questions using a simple online contact form.
Check out our Praxis Preparation resources! We've got Praxis courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Praxis study guides to help you study, Praxis practice tests to test your knowledge, and Praxis informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
By accessing this course, you'll be able to review market supply and demand, productivity, economic equilibrium and other topics you can expect to be tested on when taking the Praxis Economics exam. Studying this guide should improve your ability to:
- Discuss the production possibilities curve
- Understand comparative and absolute advantage
- Calculate market equilibrium
- Detail basics of unemployment
- Explain concepts in macroeconomics
- Describe how economic growth is measured
- Provide information about the Federal Reserve system and its monetary and fiscal policies
- Give details about foreign exchange and trade balance
- Discuss imports, exports and trade restrictions
This course is made up of 15 individual chapters broken down into 121 fun video and text lessons. The lessons are accessible at all times, allowing you to create a flexible study schedule. Each lesson comes with a corresponding quiz that lets you quickly check your understanding of the material.
Praxis Economics Exam Information
You will be required to take and pass the Praxis Economics exam if you are seeking to become an economics teacher in a state that utilizes this teacher certification testing system. All topics addressed in this exam are covered in the study guide.
- Number of Questions: 110 questions
- Question Type: Selected-response
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $120
Praxis Economics Exam Breakdown
|Praxis Economics Exam Concept||Percent of the Praxis Economics Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Fundamental Economic Concepts||20%||22 questions||20|
Praxis Economics Test Preparation & Registration
Developed by experienced professional educators, this economics study guide is comprised of a number of brief, engaging video lessons. The quizzes featured in each chapter allow you to test your knowledge of economic topics and at the same time familiarize yourself with the types of questions you're likely to see on the Praxis.
You can register for the Praxis Economics test online or via mail or telephone. Regular registration ends approximately one month before the test date; however, extended and emergency registration are available for a fee. During registration, you'll be able to select up to three agencies or institutions that you'd like to receive your scores.
You'll need to bring several sharpened pencils with you the day of the exam, along with your admission ticket and photo identification. Arrive at the testing site at the time indicated on your ticket; the test will begin 30-45 minutes after that time.
Praxis Economics Test Scoring
Each state sets its own minimum score for the Praxis Economics test. You can find the minimum for your state on the ETS website. Your Praxis scores will be available online or by phone approximately three weeks after your test date. Your score report will indicate whether you passed the exam and will include your total score as well as a breakdown of your score in each of the test's content categories.
Praxis is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- The Best Way to Study for Your Praxis Test
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- GED Books and Study Materials for Test Preparation
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Why Even Smart Students Still Need to Study for an Open-Book Exam
- How to Study for AP Tests
- How To Tell If Your University Is 'Study Abroad Friendly'
- Online GED Test Options and GED Study Materials
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses