- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 143
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1How to Create a Great Resume and Cover Letter
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryLearn more about general business and marketing topics you'll encounter on the Praxis Marketing Education test with this course. Our mobile-friendly video lessons, quizzes and chapter tests cover all the topics that appear on the exam.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About this Course
This extensive study guide is designed to cover the topics you need to know for the Praxis Marketing Education (5561) exam. You will have the opportunity to review details about marketing channels, selling, pricing and promotion as well as general business topics addressing economics, management, business communication and finance. Fun, engaging videos and 24/7 accessibility make it enjoyable and easy to study what you need to know for the Praxis Marketing Education exam. Print lesson transcripts for quick reference purposes and use short online contact forms to reach out to experts with any questions about this material.
Check out our Praxis Preparation resources! We've got Praxis courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Praxis study guides to help you study, Praxis practice tests to test your knowledge, and Praxis informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
In this course, you will find lessons addressing such important topics as selling methods, product development, marketing management practices and marketing research to help you become fully prepared to take the Praxis Marketing Education exam. By using this guide, you should be able to:
- Create a resume, prepare for job interviews and pursue professional development opportunities
- Discuss aspects of business law and economics
- Detail financial management practices
- Provide information about workers' rights and collective bargaining
- Describe management functions and processes
- Give details about information systems management
- Understand product development and pricing strategies
- Apply new product marketing strategies
- Use public relations and promotional practices
This course is made up of 17 individual chapters broken down into 165 video and text lessons. Lessons are conveniently accessible from any device, making this course a self-paced study option.
Praxis Marketing Education Exam Information
The Praxis Marketing Education test is aimed specifically at aspiring high school marketing teachers and is offered just four times each year. This study guide covers concepts addressed in all areas of this exam.
- Number of Questions: 120 questions
- Question Type: Selected-response
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $120
Praxis Marketing Education Exam Breakdown
|Praxis Marketing Education Exam Concept||Percent of the Praxis Marketing Education Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Marketing Education Programs||14%||17 questions||13|
|General Business Principles||14%||17 questions||59|
|Marketing-Information Management and Planning||14%||17 questions||14|
|Channel Management||10%||12 questions||4|
|Product/Service Management||12%||14 questions||13|
|Personal Selling||10%||12 questions||2|
Praxis Marketing Education Test Preparation & Registration
Our study guide on marketing education can help reinforce what you learned during your postsecondary training, and it might even introduce you to a few topics you've yet to encounter. This guide is divided into several chapters, which are further broken down into individual lessons. Each lesson includes a brief video taught by an experienced professional educator, along with a self-assessment quiz that features questions like those you'll see on the Praxis.
You must register with ETS by mail or phone or online approximately one month before your desired test date to qualify for regular registration; late registration is available but comes with a fee of $45-$75. On test day, you'll need to bring your admission ticket, a current photo ID, several sharpened No. 2 pencils and an eraser with you to your testing center.
Praxis Marketing Education Test Scoring
Because not all marketing education programs cover the same material, test-takers aren't expected to answer every question correctly. Instead, they need to achieve a minimum composite score. These scores are established by the individual states that use the Praxis and thus can vary widely.
Your score will be available online approximately one month after you've taken the test. You also can have your score sent to your state's licensing agency and/or 2-3 institutions, which you'll need to indicate during the registration process.
Praxis is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Hot Topics in Education
- Marketing Manager Education Programs and Courses
- College Student Uses Free Course to Test Out of General Education Requirement
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Online Business Marketing Classes and Courses Overview
- MOUS Test and Exam Information
- Praxis Test Preparation & Resources
- Business Marketing Schools in Dallas with Degree and Course Info
- Business Marketing Degrees in New York City with Course Info
- Top Schools for Business Marketing