- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 153
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1The Newborn: Capabilities, Growth, and Developmental Milestones
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this comprehensive study guide to review instructional strategies, classroom management methods and assessment procedures for early childhood education students. These lessons cover all the material you can expect to encounter on the Praxis Early Childhood Education exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
16 chapters in Praxis Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education (5023): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About This Course
In this engaging study guide course, you'll find professionally written lessons and self-assessment quizzes you can use to prepare for the Praxis Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education exam. Work at your own pace as you review subjects such as the fundamentals of early childhood development, the basics of curriculum development and technology used for early childhood education. You can access these resources at your convenience on any mobile device or computer 24/7.
If you're looking for something else, be sure to browse through some of our other Praxis pages. We have a comprehensive guide to Praxis Subject Assessments, with information on test dates, locations, passing scores and much more. We've also got Praxis test prep materials to help you practice, Praxis courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Praxis study guides to help you study, Praxis practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Praxis resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
From the basics of early childhood development to the professional development of early childhood teachers, this test prep course is designed to reinforce what you might already know or teach you new facts about teaching in the early childhood education field. You will review how to manage classrooms, create effective learning environments and design curricula. After you have completed all of the lessons contained in this guide, you should be able to do the following:
- Understand the physical and cognitive development of children and the influences on learning and child development
- Explain the theories of specific educational theorists
- Understand types of early childhood disabilities and special needs
- Develop early childhood intervention plans
- Manage early childhood classrooms and create positive learning environments
- Apply effective instructional and curriculum development strategies
- Use technological tools in the classroom
- Assess early childhood students and advocate early childhood education
- Enhance your teaching abilities through professional development opportunities
Our informative test prep course is comprised of 139 bite-sized lessons grouped into 15 chapters. Utilize the lesson quizzes and chapter tests for quick self assessment before taking the exam.
Praxis Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education Exam Information
Aspiring early childhood educators seeking licensure are required in some states to pass the Praxis Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education exam. This exam is computer-based.
- Number of Questions: 120
- Question Type: selected-response questions
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $120
Praxis Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education Exam Breakdown
|Praxis Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education Exam Concept||Percent of the Praxis Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Growth & Development of Young Children Across the Spectrum of Development||20%||25 questions||25|
|Educational & Service Requirements for Children with a Range of Abilities & Special Needs||16%||19-20 questions||28|
|Curriculum, Instruction & Assessment for Young Children||22%||26-27 questions||54|
|Play & Learning Environment for Young Children||12%||14-15 questions||12|
|Collaboration with Families & Colleagues||12%||14-15 questions||11|
|Professionalism & Growth through Professional Development||10%||11-12 questions||9|
Praxis Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education Exam - Preparation & Registration
This extensive course is a great study tool you can use if you're preparing to take the Praxis Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education exam. You will find lessons that cover the social, emotional, physical, cognitive and language development of young children and which factors and issues influence this development. Details about educational theories, learning disabilities and special needs, gifted education, educational intervention plans and classroom technology are the topics of other lessons. In addition, you will review information about curriculum design, instructional methods, assessment types and avenues of professional development. Video and text lessons are easily accessible from any device, from smartphones to laptops, which enables you to study wherever and whenever it's convenient. Lesson quizzes and chapter exams are great self-assessment tools you can use to determine if you're ready to move on through the course and ultimately to take the Praxis Interdisciplinary Early Childhood Education exam.
Registration for this or any Praxis exam is completed online, by phone or mail. If registering online, you must create an account on the ETS website, pay required fees via credit or debit card and print out the admission ticket once it is emailed to you. Download, print and complete the Test Authorization Voucher Request Form and send it to ETS if registering by mail. A voucher with registration instructions will be mailed to you once this form is processed. Call the toll-free number if registering by phone and pay fees with a credit or debit card. You might be required to pay additional charges when registering by phone.
Praxis is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service (ETS), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Early Childhood Education in Massachusetts
- Classes and Courses in Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Education in West Virginia
- Early Childhood Education Certification in Louisiana
- Early Childhood Education Continuing Education Options
- Early Childhood Education Careers | List of Careers in Early Childhood Education
- Explore Early Childhood Education in the Blogosphere: 10 Top Early Childhood Education Blogs
- Early Childhood Education Certificate & Certification | Requirements for Early Childhood Education Certification
- Early Childhood Education Certification and Certificate Programs
- College Degree Programs for Early Childhood Education
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses