- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 120
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Finding & Interpreting the Main Idea in Literature
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this comprehensive study guide to appraise your understanding of basic math, reading and writing concepts. The materials in this course are designed to help you prepare for taking the Praxis ParaPro Assessment exam.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About This Course
From fundamental reading skills to basic geometry concepts, this course allows you to review the information you must be familiar with when taking the Praxis ParaPro Assessment (1755) exam. You will have the opportunity to go over math operations, algebraic concepts, parts of speech and the reading process. You can also review methods for teaching these topics. Short, engaging video lessons provide overviews and examples and can be reviewed in as little as five minutes. Study is self-paced and convenient for any schedule. Reach out to experts who are ready to answer any questions by filling out a contact form.
If you're looking for something else, be sure to browse through some of our other Praxis pages. We have a comprehensive guide to Praxis Subject Assessments, with information on test dates, locations, passing scores and much more. We've also got Praxis test prep materials to help you practice, Praxis courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Praxis study guides to help you study, Praxis practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Praxis resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2020.
Syllabus & Course Information
This comprehensive study guide covers every concept you will be tested on when taking the Praxis ParaPro Assessment exam. You can review foundational topics and basics in math, reading and speech. When you have completed your review, you should be able to:
- Describe teaching methods for reading, writing and mathematics
- Understand how to analyze different types of texts
- Identify and explain fundamental parts of speech
- Apply proofreading techniques
- Define mathematical symbols and relevant math terms
- Detail basic math operations
- Discuss pre-algebraic and algebraic principles, concepts and equations
- Provide details about geometry concepts and measurement
- Interpret data in graphs, charts and tables
This course is made up of 14 individual chapters that consist of 105 video and text lessons. Every lesson is accessible 24/7 from any device, and lesson transcripts can be printed to create quick reference materials.
Praxis ParaPro Assessment Exam Information
Many states use the Praxis ParaPro Assessment exam to evaluate the knowledge of aspiring and current paraprofessionals. Using this course can ensure that you attain a passing score when you take the exam.
- Number of Questions: 90 questions
- Question Type: Selected-response
- Time Limit: 2.5 hours
- Exam Cost: $55
Praxis ParaPro Assessment Exam Breakdown
|Praxis ParaPro Assessment Exam Concept||Percent of the Praxis ParaPro Assessment Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
Praxis ParaPro Assessment Exam Preparation & Registration
This study guide provides a convenient way to ensure that you have a full understanding of all topics addressed on the Praxis ParaPro Assessment exam. You will review details about text analysis methods; sentence structure, punctuation and parts of speech; common grammar mistakes and confused words; and pre-writing, paragraph writing and grammar techniques. Math topics include fractions, number patterns, basic operations, problem-solving methods, equations, shapes and measurement units and conversions. Instructional strategies for all of these areas are also discussed in these lessons. View this course's lessons 24/7 from any device. Use self-assessment quizzes and chapter exams to determine your level of readiness for the Praxis exam.
Registration for the Praxis ParaPro Assessment exam can be completed online, by phone or by mail. Create an account on the ETS website if you are registering online, and submit all required information and pay exam fees via a debit or credit card. ETS will email you an admission ticket for your exam date and site. If you are registering by mail, simply download and print the Test Authorization Voucher Request Form and snail-mail it to ETS. They will send you a voucher with registration instructions by return mail. When registering by phone, call the toll-free number and pay fees using your debit or credit card. You may be required to pay an additional charge when registering by phone.
Praxis is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service (ETS), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What You Need To Know About The ParaPro Assessment
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- How to Become an Appraiser: Step-by-Step Guide
- What Are Some Online Courses that Will Assist in the Understanding of Data Structure Concepts?
- Step-by-Step Guide to Writing a Great Reading Response Paper
- Study Shows Acting Can Help with Reading Comprehension
- Could Taking Online Courses Help in Getting Into an Ivy League School?
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- CNA Courses with Comprehensive Course Descriptions
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- How to Become a Sheriff
- Architecture Professions Overview of the Architecture Related Careers
- Masters Degree in Project Management in Boston MA
- Master of Applied Science in Patient Safety Healthcare Quality
- Athletic Director Job Description and Information for Students Considering a Career As an Athletic Director
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses