- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 251
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Albert Bandura: Social-Cognitive Theory and Vicarious Learning
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis comprehensive and self-paced study guide is a convenient way to refresh your knowledge of key topics in preparation for the Praxis PLT - Early Childhood exam. The course consists of engaging video lessons, self-assessment quizzes, and chapter exams that boost your confidence by helping you better understand the topics covered on the exam. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
32 chapters in Praxis PLT - Early Childhood Exam (5621): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About this Course
The lessons in this self-paced course equip you to take the Praxis PLT - Early Childhood exam by ensuring you're familiar with the concepts covered. Our experienced instructors use an entertaining teaching style to enhance your knowledge of instructional processes, educational psychology, human development, and learning processes. You'll also have access to self-assessment quizzes, chapter exams, and a comprehensive final exam.
If you're looking for something else, be sure to browse through some of our other Praxis pages. We have a comprehensive guide to Praxis Subject Assessments, with information on test dates, locations, passing scores and much more. We've also got Praxis test prep materials to help you practice, Praxis courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Praxis study guides to help you study, Praxis practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Praxis resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2020.
Syllabus & Course Information
This course covers the information you must know to ace the Praxis PLT - Early Childhood exam. For instance, you can improve your knowledge of educational theorists, instructional planning standards, teaching resources, behavioral theories that affect education, cognitive processes in learning, education legislation, and much more. Upon completion of the course, you should be able to do the following:
- Discuss educational psychology, human development, and learning theories
- Recall factors related to student learning
- Discuss aspects of students with individual disabilities and special education modifications
- Give details about classroom management and motivating students
- Explain scope, sequence, enrichment, and remediation in instructional planning
- Describe thematic and interdisciplinary instruction
- Recount strategies for effective teaching, learning support, assessment, and evaluation
- Provide information about promoting collaborative learning and self-regulation
- Discuss professional development for educators
This course has 32 individual chapters comprised of 215 lessons that are delivered in text and video formats. You can assess your knowledge of what's covered in each lesson by completing self-assessment quizzes and exams provided for each chapter.
Praxis PLT - Early Childhood Exam Information
The purpose of the Praxis PLT - Early Childhood exam is to test the knowledge of prospective teachers. The test is typically taken after completing an undergraduate education program.
- Number of Questions: 70 selected-response + 4 constructed response
- Question Type: Selected-response + constructed response
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $146
Praxis PLT - Early Childhood Exam Breakdown
In addition to the subareas listed below, the final 25% of the exam will feature four constructed-response questions that test your ability to analyze some of the topics found throughout the test.
|Praxis PLT - Early Childhood Exam Concept||Percent of the Praxis PLT - Early Childhood Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Students as Learners||22.5%||21 questions||74|
|Instructional Process||22.5%||21 questions||85|
|Professional Development, Leadership, and Community||15%||14 questions||35|
Praxis is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- Compass Exams
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- LPN NCLEX Exam Preparation Resources
- How to Guide Students Through Study.com's Courses
- Bank Teller Exam Information, Resources and Exam Preparation Tips
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses