- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 242
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Albert Bandura: Social-Cognitive Theory and Vicarious Learning
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryExplore engaging video lessons, mini quizzes and practice exams in this self-paced course to study for and pass the Praxis PLT Grades 5-9 exam. These study tools are available 24/7 and can help you quickly strengthen your knowledge of key concepts before exam day. This Study.com course was last updated in 2018.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About This Course
Preparing for the Praxis PLT Grades 5-9 exam is simple using the study tools in this comprehensive video course. Explore fun lessons developed by top instructors to build your knowledge of educational theorists, curriculum planning and assessing student learning. Also, get reacquainted with strategies for motivating students, legal and ethical requirements of an educator and so much more! Self-assessment options available in this course include multiple-choice quizzes and practice exams you can take any time to test your exam comprehension. Any questions that arise during your study of this course can be submitted to our subject-matter experts using the Dashboard.
If you're looking for something else, be sure to browse through some of our other Praxis pages. We have a comprehensive guide to Praxis Subject Assessments, with information on test dates, locations, passing scores and much more. We've also got Praxis test prep materials to help you practice, Praxis courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Praxis study guides to help you study, Praxis practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Praxis resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
Get up to speed with all of the topics you could encounter on the Praxis PLT Grades 5-9 exam by reviewing this course. You'll improve your knowledge of behavioral theories affecting education, resources for learning and teaching, thematic instruction and professional development for educators. Exploring this course will also enable you to:
- List theories of educational psychology
- Identify and discuss domains of human development
- Describe variables affecting teaching and learning
- Exhibit knowledge of students with individual disabilities, disorders and impairments
- Share facts about special education modifications, assessments and legislation
- Explain conditioning and motivation theories in education
- Discuss classroom management and learning environments
- Demonstrate an understanding of standards and frameworks in instructional planning
- Relate facts about cognition and learning
- Outline models and strategies for instruction
- Detail complex cognitive processes in learning
- Promote collaboration and self-regulation in the classroom
- Provide strategies for teaching inquiry and questioning skills
This course consists of 24 chapters and 207 video and text lessons. We offer multiple-choice quizzes to quickly gauge your comprehension of each lesson. Practice exams are also available to easily assess your knowledge of each chapter and the entire course.
Praxis PLT Grades 5-9 Exam Information
The Praxis Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT) Grades 5-9 exam is designed to measure educators' general pedagogical knowledge of the 5-9 grade level range.
- Number of Questions: 74 questions
- Question Type: Selected response and constructed response
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $146
Praxis PLT Grades 5-9 Exam Breakdown
The Praxis PLT Grades 5-9 exam is divided into five exam concepts, including Analysis of Instructional Scenarios, which consists of 4 constructed-response questions that make up 25% of the total exam. The following table breaks down the remaining four concepts and number of chapter lessons that can help you study.
|Praxis Exam Concept||Percent of the Praxis Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Students as learners||22.5%||21 questions||87 lessons|
|Instructional process||22.5%||21 questions||76 lessons|
|Assessment||15%||14 questions||13 lessons|
|Professional development, leadership and community||15%||14 questions||31 lessons|
Praxis PLT Grades 5-9 Exam Preparation and Registration
Preparing for the Praxis PLT Grades 5-9 exam is simple using the study tools in this course. Our lessons ensure you have a comprehensive understanding of various education theories, instructional strategies and educator responsibilities. You'll also fully grasp classroom discussion and communication techniques and examine how teachers can attain school and organizational support. The dashboard makes it easy to keep track of your progress and revisit any portions of this course that require additional study time. Before the day of your exam, confirm your knowledge of important exam concepts by taking our lesson quizzes, chapter exams and final course exam.
To register for the Praxis exam online, visit the ETS website to create a Praxis account. While creating your account, you will need to provide personal details, including your full name, date of birth, social security number and email address. Be sure to add your name as it appears on the valid ID with your name, signature and photograph that you plan to present at the test center on the day of the exam. On the day of the test, you should arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. If you need to make adjustments to your test date, test time or test center, you can do so in your Praxis online account or by contacting ETS by phone at least three days before your test date (not including the day of your test).
Praxis is a registered trademark of the Education Testing Service (ETS), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- The Most Engaging Free Courses: Study.com's People's Choice Award Winner
- What to Do When Your Study Group Isn't Helping You Succeed on Exams
- How Study.com Helps You Improve Your Grades
- Study.com Now Has 150 Courses Available For College Credit
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- 4 Ways to Study Effectively for Your CLEP Exams
- Get My GED: How to Pass the GED Exam
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses