- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 240
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Albert Bandura: Social-Cognitive Theory and Vicarious Learning
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis course has been assembled to help you prepare for the Praxis PLT: Grades K-6 exam. It is composed of a series of chapters that cover topics such as education/learning theories, human development, teaching practices and professional development.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About This Course
Build your confidence before you take the Praxis Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT): Grades K-6 exam by working through our course. Review lessons on subjects such as educational theorists, behavioral theories affecting education and curriculum planning. You could even complete the entire course as a comprehensive exercise. Our experts are available to answer questions that you submit through the Dashboard if you need assistance.
If you're looking for something else, be sure to browse through some of our other Praxis pages. We have a comprehensive guide to Praxis Subject Assessments, with information on test dates, locations, passing scores and much more. We've also got Praxis test prep materials to help you practice, Praxis courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Praxis study guides to help you study, Praxis practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Praxis resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2020.
Syllabus & Course Information
Each chapter in this course is composed of a series of lessons and assessments. Together, these lessons and assessments will provide you with the opportunity for a thorough review of the material you may be tested on when you take the Praxis PLT: Grades K-6 exam. Follow along with these lessons and complete the assessments to achieve these goals:
- Outline school psychology and various educational theories
- Detail human development and various factors that affect education
- Discuss classroom management, student motivation and related behavioral theories
- Describe instructional and curriculum planning
- Define theories of cognition, learning and related instructional models
- Explain ways to teach and promote effective inquiry and questioning skills
- Engage in effective classroom communication
- Discuss interdisciplinary instruction and cognitive learning processes
- Implement successful motivational strategies
- Outline the ethical and legal requirements of teachers
- Understand professional development, professional organizations and teacher resources
We've provided all the topics that require your full knowledge in order to help you achieve your goals on the Praxis PLT: Grades K-6 test. Our course includes a collection of 216 lessons in 25 chapters. Self-assessment tools include lesson quizzes and chapter tests to help you determine how well you're doing.
Praxis Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT): Grades K-6 Exam Information
The Praxis PLT: Grades K-6 exam is used in some states to ensure that future K-6 teachers know what they need to know about human development, processes of learning, instructional strategies and professional development. This exam is computer-based.
- Number of Questions: 74
- Question Type: 70 selected-response questions and four constructed-response questions
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $146
Praxis Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT): Grades K-6 Exam Breakdown
|Praxis Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT): Grades K-6 Exam Concept||Percent of the Praxis Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT): Grades K-6 Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Students as Learners||22.5%||21 questions||64|
|Instructional Process||22.5%||21 questions||108|
|Professional Development, Leadership & Community||9.5%||12 questions||31|
|Analysis of Instructional Scenarios||25%||4 questions||216|
Preparing & Registering for the Praxis PLT: Grades K-6
The lessons and assessments of this course have been organized into chapters to help you prepare for the Praxis PLT: Grades K-6 exam. Start by reviewing the lessons and reinforce your comprehension of the material presented in them by reading the lesson transcripts. You can then use the quizzes to measure your retention. Likewise, each chapter includes a practice chapter exam to test your overall understanding of the material. If you have any questions about this course, be sure to use the teacher tabs to ask our professional instructors for assistance.
To register for the Praxis PLT: Grades K-6 exam, you will need to sign on to your Praxis account on the ETS website. This exam is offered at a number of testing centers nationwide during various dates year round. See the ETS website for more information. If you need to change the date of a testing session, you must do so at least three full days before your current testing date.
Praxis Principles of Learning and Teaching (PLT): Grades K-6 is a registered trademark of Education Testing Service (ETS), which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- New Jersey Schools with Professional Development Courses in Education
- Why Take Online Professional Development Courses?
- Human Development: Education for a Human Resource Development Career
- How to Become a Learning and Development Specialist
- Why Professional Development for Teachers Should Include a Blended Learning Focus
- Human Development Degree Programs with Course Information
- Organizational Development Courses and Career Education Programs
- Human Development Studies: Education and Career Options
- What Can You Do With a Human Development Major?
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses