- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 172
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
- New lessons are still being added
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Research Resources for School Counselors
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryThis study guide will help you prepare for the Praxis Professional School Counselor exam. With these lessons, you'll be able to review things you must know for the exam, including important counseling strategies and the various issues school counselors face.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
20 chapters in Praxis Professional School Counselor (5421): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About This Course
You can use this course to get ready for the Praxis Professional School Counselor (5421) exam. This study guide breaks down the theories behind school counseling as well as roles, counseling strategies, intervention methods, and legal and ethical issues of school counseling. Lessons are easily accessible from any device at all times, so study is self-paced and convenient for any schedule. Videos are short and engaging, making it fun to review these topics, and transcripts are printable so you can create quick reference materials. Experts are reachable via a contact form if you have any questions regarding this guide.
If you're looking for something else, be sure to browse through some of our other Praxis pages. We have a comprehensive guide to Praxis Subject Assessments, with information on test dates, locations, passing scores and much more. We've also got Praxis test prep materials to help you practice, Praxis courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Praxis study guides to help you study, Praxis practice tests to test your knowledge, and informational Praxis resources to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
This course was last updated in 2020.
Syllabus & Course Information
You can fully prepare to sit for the Praxis Professional School Counselor exam using this extensive study guide. By reviewing these lessons, you will be able to understand counseling methods, apply assessment techniques in school counseling and discuss crisis intervention for school counselors. In addition, you will be able to:
- Explain the role and functions of school counselors
- Discuss human growth and development, social development and identity theories
- Detail legal and ethical issues in school counseling
- Describe school counseling strategies and group counseling practices
- Talk about instructional and classroom management techniques
- Provide details about interventions, assessments and accommodations in school counseling
- Understand management and accountability in school counseling
- Explain student outcomes in school counseling
This course is made up of 19 individual chapters that consist of 153 video and text lessons. Track your progress on your Dashboard and take self-assessment lesson quizzes and chapter exams to measure your understanding of each topic.
Praxis Professional School Counselor Exam Information
The Praxis Professional School Counselor exam is used in several states to test entry-level school counselors before they begin their careers. You can identify any topics you need to review with this study guide to ensure you're prepared to take this exam.
- Number of Questions: 120 questions
- Question Type: Selected-response
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $120
Praxis Professional School Counselor Exam Breakdown
|Praxis Professional School Counselor Exam Concept||Percent of the Praxis Professional School Counselor Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Delivery of Services||45%||54 questions||59|
Preparing & Registering for the Praxis Professional School Counselor Exam
We've created this course to help you get ready for success on the Praxis Professional School Counselor exam. Our lessons are engaging and short to make reviewing the facts about school counseling quick and easy. We offer self-assessment quizzes and tests throughout the study guide so that you can track your progress. Additionally, you can contact our school counseling experts with any questions you have about this information.
You can register for the Praxis Professional School Counselor exam online. You'll need to create an account, and then you'll be able to sign up for your exam and access your admission ticket.There are many testing centers across the U.S. that you can choose from during registration. You'll also find a number of testing windows.
The Praxis Series is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online Schools to Become a Licensed Professional Counselor
- How to Become a School Guidance Counselor
- Become a School Counselor in Texas
- Schools for Aspiring Licensed Professional Counselors: How to Choose
- How to Become a High School Guidance Counselor
- School Counselor: Educational Requirements
- What Are the Educational Qualifications to Become a School Counselor?
- School Guidance Counselor: How to Become a School Guidance Counselor
- School Counselor Careers | Career Information for Becoming a School Counselor
- School Counselor Salary | Average Salaries for a School Guidance Counselor
- Top Ranked Criminal Justice Degree Programs - Las Vegas NV
- Networking School Top School for Computer Networking and Telecommunications - St Louis MO
- Business Degree Top Ranked School with a Bachelors Degree in Business Administration - St Louis MO
- Day Care Management Certification
- The Fight Over Sex Education in Public Schools
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses