- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 107
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Human Growth and Development Theories
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryAs you prepare for the Praxis Special Education exam, our study guide course can help you review the topics that you'll find on the test. Our video and text lessons are mobile-friendly and created by experienced instructors who can help you earn a passing score on exam day.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
11 chapters in Praxis Special Ed - Teaching Students with Behavioral Disorders (5372): Practice & Study Guide
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About This Course
Take this test prep course to ensure that you do your best on the Praxis Special Education: Teaching Students with Behavioral Disorders and Emotional Disturbances test. With these resources, you can work at your own pace and review the lessons repeatedly. Our lessons focus on special education teacher responsibilities, the types of assessments used in SPED classrooms and the legislation and rights associated with special education. All of our learning materials are easily accessible online via your mobile device or computer for convenient, flexible study.
Check out our Praxis Preparation resources! We've got Praxis courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Praxis study guides to help you study, Praxis practice tests to test your knowledge, and Praxis informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
This engaging test prep course is designed to help you get ready to take the Praxis Special Education: Teaching Students with Behavioral Disorders and Emotional Disturbances exam. You can work towards an outstanding score as you review these lessons on subjects that include instructional strategies, major student disability categories and the different kinds of special education classrooms. After working through this course, you should be able to:
- Identify special education and learner development needs
- Provide an instructional strategies overview
- Outline technology and strategies used in special education
- Explain special education transition instruction and services
- Discuss the legislation and rights that relate to special education
- Identify the responsibilities of the special education teacher
- Detail the categories of major student disability
- Explain how to create a positive learning environment
- Describe special education's use of individualized education plans
- Outline special education classrooms and types of assessment
This test prep course is made up of 101 lessons in 10 chapters and aligned with the concepts you'll be expected to know to do well on the actual exam. Before you take that test, check yourself using the lesson quizzes and chapter tests in our course to make sure you're ready.
Praxis Special Education: Teaching Students with Behavioral Disorders andEmotional Disturbances Exam Information
The Praxis Special Education: Teaching Students with Behavioral Disorders andEmotional Disturbances exam tests a candidate's knowledge and skill levels to ensure he or she has the ability to work professionally as a special education teacher.
- Number of Questions: 120
- Question Type: selected-response questions
- Time Limit: 2 hours
- Exam Cost: $120
Praxis Special Education: Teaching Students with Behavioral Disorders and Emotional Disturbances Exam Breakdown
|Praxis Special Education: Teaching Students with Behavioral Disorders and Emotional Disturbances Exam Concept||Percent of the Praxis Special Education: Teaching Students with Behavioral Disorders and Emotional Disturbances Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Development & Characteristics of Students with EBD||18%||22 questions||22|
|Planning & Managing the Learning Environments||26%||14 questions||8|
|Foundations & Professional Responsibilities||13%||16 questions||21|
Praxis Special Education Exam Preparation & Registration
In this helpful study guide course, we've provided a variety of resources you can use to be well prepared on test day. From easily navigable videos, printable lesson transcripts and chapter tests that gauge your understanding, our lessons help you master the subjects you'll be tested on when you sit for the exam. As you work through the chapter, feel free to contact an instructor if you have any questions.
Candidates interested in taking the Praxis Special Education exam must register online, by phone or by mail and pay all of the associated test fees. Once registration is complete, test-takers may select a testing center. On exam day, it is recommended that candidates arrive 30 minutes before their scheduled test times with their admission tickets and required IDs ready.
Praxis Special Education exam is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Can Parents Help Their Students Prepare for a College Readiness or AP Exam?
- Top AP Exam Study Guides and Resources
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- What to Wear on Exam Day & Other Tips on Successfully Passing the ACT & SAT
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Strategies & Tips to Help You Pass Your Praxis Test
- Student Passes Calculus CLEP Exam After Using Study.com's Online Videos to Study for Just Five Days
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses