- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 130
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Purpose of Reading Assessments
This course can be found in: Praxis Test Prep
Thousands of practice questions, 70+ Praxis study guides, and 8,000+ test prep video lessons
Course SummaryUse this self-paced test preparation course to get fully prepared for the Praxis Teaching Reading: Elementary Education exam. You can study these bite-sized lessons and practice quizzes at any time to master all of the reading and instructional concepts that appear on the test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
13 chapters in Praxis Teaching Reading - Elementary Education (5203): Study Guide & Practice
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Related Praxis Courses
About This Course
If you're an aspiring teacher who plans on taking the Praxis Teaching Reading: Elementary Education (5203) test, use this comprehensive online course to prepare. The course's expertly taught lessons and assessments help you quickly review essential information and practice answering the types of questions you'll encounter on the exam. You'll study reading assessment techniques, literacy principles, language and spelling development, reading comprehension strategies for elementary students and independent reading activities. These lessons are easily accessible 24/7 from any device and you can track your progress on your Dashboard as you move from lesson to lesson and complete quizzes and chapter exams.
Check out our Praxis Preparation resources! We've got Praxis courses to teach you the material, comprehensive Praxis study guides to help you study, Praxis practice tests to test your knowledge, and Praxis informational articles to get you up to speed on testing logistics.
Syllabus & Course Information
All of the topics covered on the Praxis Teaching Reading: Elementary Education exam are addressed in this course. You can learn about reading teaching and assessment techniques, ways to increase reading comprehension and word analysis methods. When you complete this guide, you should also be able to:
- Discuss instructional intervention methods
- List stages of oral language, word analysis, vocabulary and spelling skills development
- Detail early literacy principles
- Describe community supported and independent reading activities
- Identify reading comprehension tools
- Explain the interdependence of writing and reading
- Understand how to teach elementary students research skills
This course is made up of 12 individual chapters broken down into 119 video and text lessons. These short, engaging lessons take only 5-10 minutes to review, and you can easily reach out to experts with any questions about this material using an online contact form.
Praxis Gifted Education Exam Information
The Praxis Teaching Reading: Elementary Education exam is a credentialing exam using by some states to measure the content knowledge level of aspiring reading teachers. Refer to this study guide to help ensure you earn a passing score on this critical exam.
- Number of Questions: 93 questions
- Question Type: Selected- and constructed-response
- Time Limit: 2.5 hours
- Exam Cost: $139
Praxis Teaching Reading: Elementary Education Exam Breakdown
|Praxis Teaching Reading: Elementary Education Exam Concept||Percent of the Praxis Teaching Reading: Elementary Education Exam||Approximate Number of Questions||Chapter Lessons|
|Assessment and Diagnostic Teaching of Reading||27%||23 questions||20|
|Reading Development||46%||46 questions||79|
|Writing in Support of Reading||27%||24 questions||20|
Praxis Teaching Reading: Elementary Education Test Preparation & Registration
This course is designed to make your studying experience simple, convenient and flexible. You can use any computer or mobile device to access the course, and its online format allows you to create your own study schedule. Each lesson defines important terms and explains reading concepts in a way that's easy to understand and remember. Be sure to take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes to reinforce your understanding of the information. If you want to study offline at any time, you can easily print out the included lesson transcripts. Our instructors are happy to answer any questions you may have, and when you're finished with all of the lessons, try the final course assessment to see if you're ready for the Praxis exam.
Registration for the exam can be completed by phone, by mail or through the Educational Testing Service's online registration system. The registration process includes selecting your desired testing date and location, paying an exam fee and printing your required exam admission ticket.
Praxis is a registered trademark of the Educational Testing Service, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Praxis Test Preparation & Resources
- What Can You Do With a Masters in Reading Education?
- Reading & Writing Tests
- The Best Way to Study for Your Praxis Test
- GED Books and Study Materials for Test Preparation
- G.E.D. Test Preparation Video: Tips for Preparing for the GED Exam
- GED Preparation: Studying for the Reading Section; The SQ3r Method
- GRE Test Preparation & Resources
- NCLEX Test Preparation & Resources
- FSA Test Preparation & Resources
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses