- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 111
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Writing & Evaluating Algebraic Expressions for Two-Dimensional Geometric Figures
Course SummaryBy watching our short video lessons and taking our fun multiple-choice quizzes in this course, you can earn a precalculus algebra certificate. In just about two weeks, you'll have a certificate that can help you continue your education or prove your skills to a prospective employer.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
About This Course
In about two weeks, you can earn a Precalculus Algebra Certificate by watching quick and engaging video lessons that bring precalculus algebra concepts to life. These fun and informative lessons cover methods for factoring quadratic equations, evaluating absolute value expressions, graphing inverse functions and more.
Who's This For?
This precalculus algebra course could prove useful to working professionals who want to enhance their math skills as well as individuals who want to prepare for more advanced calculus courses.
No prerequisites are needed for this course.
Benefits of the Certificate
You can add this certificate to your LinkedIn profile and demonstrate your familiarity with precalculus algebra concepts. Mastery of precalculus algebra concepts could also be useful in your personal life. Some benefits include:
- Using your new skills to determine how much your vehicle will be worth in a few years or how much you'll owe on a car loan after a certain period of time.
- Estimating your monthly utility bills or projecting your usage.
- Preparing for more advanced training in calculus.
- Incorporating precalculus algebra concepts into your problem-solving process.
- Showcasing your desire to further your education and acquire new skills.
Precalculus Algebra Program Breakdown
This certificate course has 13 chapters. Lessons begin by covering mathematical modeling and linear equations before addressing more advanced topics, including complex numbers, graph symmetry and logarithmic functions.
Learn to write and evaluate algebraic expressions for two-dimensional geometric figures and real life linear models. Find out how to apply systems of linear equations to breakeven point and market equilibrium.
Linear Equations and Inequalities
This chapter teaches you how to write a linear equation and use the point-slope formula to determine the equation of a line. You'll also learn to graph inequalities and use a system of equations.
Learn to use FOIL in reverse, complete the square and solve quadratic equations and inequalities.
Rational Expressions and Functions
Methods for adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing rational expressions are covered in this chapter, which also teaches you how to graph rational functions and solve rational equations.
Polynomial Functions of a Higher Degree
Discover techniques for factoring polynomials with the quadratic form. Find out how to use rational and complex zeroes to write polynomial equations.
Absolute Value Equations & Inequalities
Examine methods for evaluating absolute value expressions and solving absolute value equations and inequalities. Learn to graph absolute values and perform transformations.
Perform calculations using complex numbers and graph them on the complex plane. This chapter also teaches you to solve quadratics that have complex numbers in the solution.
Review formulas for finding the area and circumference of a circle, and learn to use the distance and midpoint formulas.
Learn about power functions, radical functions and discontinuities before moving on to lessons covering piecewise functions and their graphs.
This chapter teaches you how to add, subtract, multiply and divide functions. You'll get instructions for graphing inverse functions and functions of functions.
Get tips for recognizing symmetry graphically, algebraically and numerically. You can also learn how to identify the line of symmetry.
Exponential and Logarithmic Functions
This chapter teaches you to translate an exponential function horizontally and vertically, graph natural base functions and evaluate logarithms. You'll also learn about logarithmic properties, the inverse of logarithmic functions and exponential growth.
Introduction to the Derivative
This chapter finishes out the course with lessons on slope, velocity and the rate of change. The definition of a derivative is also discussed.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Epidemiologist Certification and Continuing Education Information
- Teacher Certification Video: Earning a Teaching Certification or Teaching Credential
- Will Getting an HR Certification Help You Earn More Money?
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Online Communication Skills Continuing Education Courses
- What Are Certification Classes and Certification Courses
- Continuing Education Courses in Georgia
- What Are Short-Term Certificate Programs?
- Advantages of Taking an Online Course Video
- Secondary Education Certification and Certificate Programs
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses