- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 253
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1What is a Linear Equation?
Course SummaryThis Precalculus credit recovery course may be able to provide a way to earn credit for students who have failed their course. Short, engaging video lessons are paired with practice quizzes to test and reinforce the precalculus concepts you've just reviewed.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Recovering Academic Credit
Students who have failed Precalculus and need to retake the course may find this credit recovery course to be an effective, fun and flexible way to learn topics like geometry, mathematical functions and trigonometry. You'll find this course useful if:
- You need to retake Precalculus.
- You need to earn a certificate of completion.
- You want a fun option for learning Precalculus.
- You need the flexibility to earn credit recovery while taking other courses.
- You want a self-paced learning option.
How It Works
- Consult with your school to make sure alternative credit recovery paths are acceptable.
- Check to ensure that this course satisfies your school's full credit requirements for a Precalculus course.
- Watch all videos, pass the quizzes and final exam, then print the course's certificate of completion.
Please note that completion of this Precalculus course does not guarantee credit recovery.
There are several benefits to this Precalculus credit recovery course:
- You can earn a certificate of completion. If you take a course that is 100% complete, once you finish taking the course's quizzes you'll receive a certificate of completion that you can show to your school.*
- Lessons are taught by precalculus experts. You can trust the lessons because all lessons are taught by expert math instructors.
- You can balance credit recovery with your other school commitments. Our bite-sized lessons can easily fit into your schedule so you can watch lessons whenever you have time. Since the precalculus course is self-paced, you can easily take it while still taking your other school courses.
- We make learning fun. If you found precalculus boring the first time around, you'll like how our lessons are designed to be fun and engaging.
- Get help when you need it. Precalculus can be hard at times, but there's help available if you need. If you need clarification on a topic, just ask our expert instructors. They're here to help you better understand topics like absolute value, linear equations, complex numbers, inequalities and more!
- You can test your knowledge. Self-assessment quizzes offered after each lesson give you the chance to make sure you understand what you've learned.
* Before beginning the course, you should verify that your school will accept it for credit recovery.
Getting School Credit
Many schools have accepted this precalculus course for credit recovery, but always check with your advisor or guidance counselor to find out its specific requirements.
While talking to your school about their requirements for credit recovery, you should also check what documentation they need in order to award credit. We offer the following resources to help you earn credits from the course:
- Precalculus Credit Recovery Certificate of Completion
- Progress tracking that you can print out and show to your school
- Quiz and practice exam scores
- Courses aligned with high school precalculus
Schools decide what they will accept for credit recovery, so before using this course, you should first check with your school to make sure they will accept credits from it. Set up an appointment with your guidance counselor or a school administrator to verify that you can use our Precalculus course for credit recovery.
Using This Course
We've created an easy-to-navigate course for students who need precalculus credit recovery. Take the course from beginning to end, starting with lessons on linear equations and moving through chapters that include lessons on graph symmetry, mathematical modeling, polynomials and quadratic functions.
Follow these steps to start your path to getting your precalculus credits!
- Start with Chapter 1 Working with Linear Equations.
- Open the first lesson What is a Linear Equation? and watch the video.
- Take all of the subsequent chapters in order.
- Use lesson quizzes and chapter exams to test your knowledge as you go along.
- Ask our expert instructors if you need extra help on any precalculus concepts.
- Use your dashboard to track your progress in the course.
- Receive your Certificate of Completion once you've passed all of the lesson quizzes.
This course covers all the topics commonly taught in high school precalculus, including:
- Linear equations and systems of linear equations
- Absolute value equations
- Complex numbers
- Mathematical modeling
- Quadratics and quadratic functions
- Geometry for precalculus
- Function operations
- Graphing functions
- Rate of change
- Polynomials and higher-degree polynomial functions
- Rational functions and difference quotients
- Exponential and logarithmic functions
- Trigonometric equations, functions and graphs
- Trigonometric identities and applications
- Graphs of piecewise functions
- Mathematical series and sequences
- Algebraic sets
- Conic sections and analytic geometry
- Parameterizations and polar coordinates
- Continuity and limits
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- College Student Uses Free Courses and the CLEP Exam to Earn Low-Cost Credits
- College Student Gets Paid $1000 for Using Free Course to Earn College Credit
- Precalculus Worksheets
- How Many College Credit Hours Do Online Courses Give Students?
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- What Are Some Online Courses that I Can Take for College Credit?
- How Many Credits Is an Online College Course?
- Credit Recovery Is One Way to Reduce High School Dropouts
- Real Credit for Virtual Courses: How to Get Credit for Free Classes
- Study.com Now Has 150 Courses Available For College Credit
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses