- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 81
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate: Yes
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Functions: Identification, Notation & Practice Problems
Course SummaryEarn credits you can put towards renewing your teaching license with this informative and flexible Precalculus for Teachers professional development course. Work at your own pace to review our video and text lessons, and take the self-assessment quizzes to refresh your understanding of precalculus topics.
To Start This Course Today
Try it free for 5 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How It Works
Earn professional development credits to renew your math teaching license with Precalculus for Teachers. Brush up on precalculus topics so you can better teach precalculus algebra, calculus, and other math topics. Learn on your own schedule and at your own pace. You can complete this course in under two weeks - perfect for teachers who need to earn math credits in a hurry!
- Watch engaging video lessons about trigonometry and functions.
- Check your knowledge of things like inequalities and polynomials with practice quizzes and exams.
- Ask clarification questions from our expert math instructors.
- Earn three college credits by taking the CLEP Precalculus exam.
Always check with your school district or state Department of Education to ensure that the course credits will be accepted before beginning the course. CLEP credits are accepted by over 2,900 schools and directly by many state departments of education.
Who's It For?
Precalculus for Teachers is ideal for any teachers looking to earn credits to use towards licensure renewal. The flexible, self-paced format makes it easy to fit your studies into a busy schedule. The course is fully online, so you can study anytime, anywhere. This course also benefits:
- Math and science teachers who want to brush up on precalculus
- Teachers who want to incorporate engaging precalculus videos into their instruction
- Teachers planning a precalculus unit or course
- Aspiring math teachers
Why It Works
- Fun and Engaging: Animations and interesting examples make precalculus easy to learn.
- Expert Instructors: Expert math instructors break difficult concepts down so they are easy to remember.
- Practice Makes Perfect: Quizzes and practice exams let you review precalculus terminology and key concepts and track what you've mastered.
- Quick and Flexible: Learn on your own schedule and on any device. You could earn math credits in less than two weeks.
- Access our full library of professional development courses for teachers, including Statistics for Teachers, Precalculus Algebra for Teachers, and Intro to Physics for Teachers.
- Find 10,000 engaging lessons that you can use in your classroom or assign out to students.
- Watch more lessons in precalculus as well as algebra, geometry, calculus, and other math topics.
- Earn transferable college credit for dozens of courses.
Evaluate This Course
After you've worked through all or part of the course, please share your feedback with us! We take the quality of our lessons and courses very seriously and appreciate any comments on how we can improve your experience. If you'd like to let us know how effective you found this course, please fill out our survey by clinking on this link.
Course Plan for Earning Credit in Less Than Two Weeks
Follow this course plan if you want to complete Precalculus for Teachers and be ready to earn transferable credit in less than two weeks. For each chapter assignment, take all of the lesson quizzes and the practice chapter exam at the end of each chapter. If you miss any questions, review the video lesson to master the concept.
|Day||Assignment||What You'll Learn|
|Day 1||Chapter 1||Functions (transformations, domain and range in a function, inverse functions)|
|Day 2||Chapter 2||Evaluating Exponential and Logarithmic Functions (exponential growth vs. decay, logarithmic properties, solving logarithmic and exponential equations)|
|Day 3||Chapter 3||Inequalities (graphing 1- and 2-variable inequalities, solving and graphing absolute value inequalities, set notation)|
|Day 4||Chapter 4||Foundations and Linear Equations (types of numbers, parts of graphs, systems of equations)|
|Day 5||Chapter 5||Graphing and Rational Equations (graphing reflections, solving rational equations, finding the least common denominator)|
|Day 6||Chapter 6||Factoring and Graphing Quadratic Equations (parabolas, FOIL and the area method, factoring quadratic equations, completing the square, graphing circles)|
|Day 7||Chapter 7||Exponents and Polynomials (five main exponent properties, rational exponents, defining zero and negative exponents, dividing polynomials with long and synthetic division)|
|Day 8||Chapter 8||Piecewise and Composite Functions (finding the domain of piecewise functions, graphing piecewise functions, translating piecewise functions)|
|Day 9||Chapter 9||Geometry and Trigonometry (solving visualizing geometry problems, calculating the volumes of basic shapes, finding distance with the Pythagorean Theorem)|
|Day 10||Chapter 10||Using Scientific Calculators (radians and degrees on a scientific calculator, trigonometry functions and exponentials on a scientific calculator, solving equations by graphing on a scientific calculator)|
|Day 11||Chapter 11||Trigonometry (graphing sine and cosine, graphing tangent functions, unit circles, special right triangles, the double angle formula)|
|Day 12||Final Exam||Take the practice final exam to see what you've mastered and make sure you are ready to earn credit for precalculus|
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Precalculus Quizzes
- Precalculus Videos
- Professional Development Courses for Teachers
- Learn Precalculus
- Why Take Online Professional Development Courses?
- Self-Paced Distance Learning: How Does IT Work?
- Teacher Certification Video: Earning a Teaching Certification or Teaching Credential
- How to Earn Credits Towards Your Degree Before You Even Start School
- Precalculus Questions and Answers
- How Online Courses Work Video
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 70,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses