- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 88
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Functions: Identification, Notation & Practice Problems
Course SummaryLet us help you master precalculus with our fun and interesting precalculus help and review course. Short video lessons highlight the topics you're learning about in class, while practice quizzes and chapter tests let you put your knowledge into practice and see which areas might need additional study.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering precalculus material will benefit from taking this course. There is no faster or easier way to learn precalculus. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding exponential and logarithmic functions, linear equations, quadratics, piecewise functions, trigonometry or any other precalculus topic
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about precalculus
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How it works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Confirm your understanding through lesson quizzes and chapter exams.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Precalculus final exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any precalculus question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
In this course, you'll learn the answers to questions including:
- How do I solve and graph an absolute value inequality?
- How do I compute and graph complex numbers?
- What are systems of equations, and how are they used?
- What is a quadratic equation, and how do I solve one?
- How do I use the Pythagorean Theorem to compute distance?
- What are the basic functions used in precalculus?
- How do I graph a function?
- How do I solve trigonometric equations?
- What is a trigonometric identity, what are the basic types?
- How do I use builder notation to write an algebraic set?
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Precalculus Worksheets
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- Help Desk Analyst Courses and Classes Overview
- Distance Learning Airport Security Management Course and Class Reviews
- 5 Ways to Make Studying for Tests More Interesting
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Help Your ADHD Kid Socialize Even When You're Not Around
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses