- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 82
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Functions: Identification, Notation & Practice Problems
Course SummaryIf you're struggling through your precalculus class, get some help by reviewing our interesting tutoring course. Access our short video lessons and self-assessment quizzes at any time on any mobile device to help you get ahead or study for a test.
To Start This Course Today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
How it works:
- Begin your exam review, assignment or other precalculus work.
- Identify the concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find the video tutorials on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Test your understanding with quizzes and practice exams.
Who's it for?
This tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn precalculus material and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding functions, exponential equations, logarithmic equations, inequalities, quadratic equations, piecewise function, trigonometry or any other precalculus topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing precalculus
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in precalculus
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning precalculus simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For about 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live precalculus tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn precalculus on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn how to solve, write and graph linear equations.
- Graph different types of inequalities.
- Solve and graph absolute value equations.
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide and graph complex numbers.
- Solve systems of linear equations.
- Learn how to apply different types of mathematical models, such as real-life linear models, quadratic models and systems of linear equations.
- Solve quadratic equations.
- Factor quadratic equations and complete the square. Graph and solve quadratic inequalities.
- Solve geometry problems and calculate the volumes of basic shapes.
- Identify different types of functions and perform transformations.
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide and graph functions.
- Recognize graph symmetry and identify the line of symmetry.
- Graph basic functions and factor polynomial functions.
- Find rates of change.
- Evaluate and graph polynomial functions.
- Add, subtract, multiply and divide polynomials.
- Solve and graph rational functions.
- Transform exponential functions and solve logarithmic and exponential equations. Calculate rate and exponential growth.
- Learn trigonometric functions and learn how to use the unit circle.
- Graph trigonometric functions and solve trigonometric equations graphically.
- Learn the uses and applications of trigonometric identities.
- Use the Laws of Sines and Cosines to solve triangles and real-world problems.
- Graph and translate piecewise functions.
- Perform matrix row operations and solve inverse matrices.
- Use series and summation. Calculate arithmetic and geometric series.
- Write algebraic sets using set builder notation.
- Graph and write the equations of ellipses, circles, hyperbolas and parabolas.
- Graph functions in polar coordinates and write complex numbers in polar form. Evaluate and graph parametric equations.
- Graph discontinuities and learn applications of the Intermediate Value Theorem.
- Determine limits of functions.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Can Short Video Lessons Help Your ADHD Child Study Better?
- Online Classes Helped ME Get Ahead in College
- How to Help Students Conduct Self-Assessments
- How Teachers Use Video Lessons to Help ADHD Students Learn
- How Video Games Help Children with ADHD Study & Have Fun
- Help Desk Analyst Courses and Classes Overview
- Flip Your Classroom with Study.com's Engaging Video Lessons
- Help Your ADHD Kid Socialize Even When You're Not Around
- When to Use a Self-Assessment With Your Job Search Video
- Educational Videos Help Teacher to Make Online Courses More Engaging
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 75,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses