- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 247
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Native American History: Origins of Early People in the Americas
Course SummaryIf you use the Prentice Hall America: History of Our Nation textbook in class, this course is a great resource to supplement your studies. The course covers the same important American history concepts found in the book, but uses short videos that make the American history lessons easier to understand and more fun to learn.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
29 chapters in Prentice Hall America: History of our Nation: Online Textbook Help
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's It For?
Anyone using the Prentice Hall America: History of Our Nation textbook in class can benefit from this companion course. You will learn about America's history faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How It Works
- Find the chapter within this course that corresponds to the one you're studying in the Prentice Hall America: History of Our Nation Textbook.
- Watch fun videos that cover the U.S. history topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding of each lesson.
- If you need additional help, re-watch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why It Works
- Fun Content: These videos make learning Prentice Hall America: History of Our Nation fun with engaging animation and real-world examples.
- Great Instructors: Study.com uses exceptional educators who can take concepts like Cold War politics and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will be able to learn all the American history topics in the textbook with this engaging course, including:
- Native American cultures
- European exploration and colonization
- The American Revolution
- Creation of the U.S. Constitution
- The Civil War and Reconstruction
- Growth and expansion in the West
- American industrialization and urbanization
- The Progressive Era
- World War I and II
- The Great Depression
- The Cold War
- Civil rights movements
- The Vietnam War
- Middle East conflict
- The War on Terror
- Science and technology advancements
Prentice Hall is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Online American History Course Overviews
- List of Free Online American History Courses and Classes
- Ancient History Courses and Classes
- American History Graduate Programs
- Online History Courses and Classes: Course Descriptions
- Online Courses and Classes in Ancient History
- Graduate History Classes and Courses Overview
- Is Studying History Still Important?
- Why American Students Have A Poor Understanding of History
- American History
- Radiologic Technology Degree Programs in Fresno
- Financial Management Degree and Certificate Program Information
- Degrees in Emerging Technologies Options and Requirements
- Associate of Specialized Business ASB Computer Information Management Degree Overview
- Associate of Business Administration ABA Network Technology Degree
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses