- Course type: Self-paced
- Available Lessons: 177
- Average Lesson Length: 8 min
Eligible for Certificate:
Certificates show that you have completed the course. They do not provide credit.
Watch a preview:chapter 1 / lesson 1Three Branches of Natural Science: Physical, Earth & Life
Course SummaryIf you use the Prentice Hall Physical Science textbook in class, this course is a great resource to supplement your studies. The course covers the same important physical science concepts found in the book, but uses short videos that make the physical science lessons easier to understand and more fun to learn.
to start this course today
Try it risk-free for 30 days
Course Practice TestCheck your knowledge of this course with a 50-question practice test.
- Comprehensive test covering all topics
- Detailed video explanations for wrong answers
Who's it for?
Anyone enrolled in a class using the Prentice Hall Physical Science textbook should consider this companion course. You will learn the material faster, retain it longer and earn a better grade.
How it works:
- Identify the chapter in your Prentice Hall Physical Science textbook with which you need help.
- Find the corresponding chapter within our Prentice Hall Physical Science textbook companion course.
- Watch fun videos that cover the physical science topics you need to learn or review.
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- If you need additional help, rewatch the videos until you've mastered the material or submit a question for one of our instructors.
Why it works:
- Fun Content: These videos make learning physical science fun with engaging animation and real world examples.
- Great Instructors: The lessons use exceptional educators who can take concepts like nuclear chemistry and make them easy to understand.
- Multiple Ways to Learn: Watch videos or read the lesson transcript.
- Easy to Use: Access this textbook companion on any smartphone, tablet or laptop.
Students will learn topics including:
- Scientific method and notation
- Physical and chemical properties of matter
- States of matter and kinetic theory
- Atomic structure and theory
- Periodic table groups and periods
- Chemical bonds and formulas
- Chemical reactions, reaction rates and equilibrium
- Acids and bases, pH and solutions
- Carbon and nuclear chemistry
- Motion and velocity states
- Forces, gravity and Newton's Laws
- Work and power
- Energy types and levels
- Heat and the laws of thermodynamics
- Sound, vibration and waves
- The electromagnetic spectrum
- Light and color
- Optics and mirrors
- Electricity basics
- Magnetism and magnetic fields
Prentice Hall Physical Science is a registered trademark of Pearson Education, which is not affiliated with Study.com.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Research Schools, Degrees & Careers
Get the unbiased info you need to find the right school.
Browse Articles By Category
Browse an area of study or degree level.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Physical Science Courses and Classes Overview
- Online Courses in the Physical Sciences: Course Descriptions
- Top Schools for Physical Science
- Radiation Science Courses and Classes
- Physical Therapist Assistant Classes and Courses
- Physical Therapist Classes and Courses Overview
- Physical Training Courses and Classes Overview
- Physical Education Courses and Classes Overview
- Physics Professions Video: Career Options for a Degree in the Physical Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Answers and detailed explanations to each question
- Video lessons to explain complicated concepts
Explore our library of over 79,000 lessons
- College Courses
- High School Courses
- Other Courses